Doboks?

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
After sweating my butt off immediately when I put on my dobok, I am looking for a new one. I did a search but couldn't find anything that was on point.

Between Addidas and Nike, which are typically known as the best. I know that at my dojang, everyone appears to wear the standard doboks or Addidas. Makes me wonder if Nike has a decent product or not.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I imagine they make a fine product, but you'd be paying for the name. I use proforce...similar quality to Adidas but half the price usually.

Peace,
Erik

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't speak as to whether Nike is good or not. I like Adidas Grandmaster doboks a lot. They are expensive, however. Other styles of Adidas doboks that I hear are also good & less expensive.

I'd recommend any dobok from Sangmoosa.com. Even their student uniforms are good. They (like Nike) have a "dri-fit" dobok. I'd check with your instructor before you bought something other than from him, though. He/she may object.

I assume you wear v-neck doboks. If you do not, I'd defer to our Chang 'Hon-style friends.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I do not like adidas, the gussets in the legs do not allow my legs to reach far enough up for an axe kick.

I own a bold, a j3, a adidas, and a macho. Out of all, I would recommend the j3 or the bold. The j3 is just so expensive.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not like adidas, the gussets in the legs do not allow my legs to reach far enough up for an axe kick.

I own a bold, a j3, a adidas, and a macho. Out of all, I would recommend the j3 or the bold. The j3 is just so expensive.

The issue with a J3 from Tekno is that the company is basically out of business. They cannot fill orders, anymore.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The issue with a J3 from Tekno is that the company is basically out of business. They cannot fill orders, anymore.

yes, but there are companies that still have them. you just wont be able to get them once people run out.

OP
mcleod13

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I talked to Master Black and his wife last night. They would prefer that i buy my uniforms from them. I can understand this because we are in a relatively small area and they do make a small profit off of them. SHe told me last night that she could get me an Adidas dobok for $70.. I asked about Nike, (I have always been a fan of Nike gear) and she said she could get it but that EVERYONE prefers the adidas better. I guess I need to save up 70 dollars now.

TKDHermit

Green Belt
Reaction score
for my club, it's up to us actually. Most people have more than 1, and of different brands. Coloured belts wear white-collared vneck, of, i dont know what brand. the packing says mudoin, i don't know what it is and i don't mind because it's only for about 3 years. Some get Budo.

as for black belts, they wear black-collared vneck, mostly adidas, some have proworldcup, main instructor has adidas and prospecs, and the demoteam uses mooto when they do demo. seems like mooto is a "reserved for demoteam only" in our club.

personally i'll get adidas when i reach 1st dan in about a year or so, or proworldcup, or prospecs. I don't like doboks with the club logo at the bottom of the back -.-

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I talked to Master Black and his wife last night. They would prefer that i buy my uniforms from them. I can understand this because we are in a relatively small area and they do make a small profit off of them. SHe told me last night that she could get me an Adidas dobok for $70.. I asked about Nike, (I have always been a fan of Nike gear) and she said she could get it but that EVERYONE prefers the adidas better. I guess I need to save up 70 dollars now.

There are several styles of Adidas doboks. Which style are you getting?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bushipower.com/page/BS/PROD/DOBOK/UNATAC2

I am not 100 percent certain because I am still new, but this looks just like it. I didn't look around to see if there is a cheaper price.

The Adi-champ is fairly common. I've not worn one, but I hear good things. Ask someone at your school who wears one if they like it. If it sounds good, buy it. The odd thing is the something that one looks for in a dobok, might not be what the next person looks for. There are doboks others like that I don't...& vice versa.

OP
mcleod13

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The Adi-champ is fairly common. I've not worn one, but I hear good things. Ask someone at your school who wears one if they like it. If it sounds good, buy it. The odd thing is the something that one looks for in a dobok, might not be what the next person looks for. There are doboks others like that I don't...& vice versa.

That is exactly why I wish there was somewhere near where I could try them on. I am having soo much fun in TKD I might as well look good doing it too. LOL..

Last edited:

SJON

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have two at the moment, both cheap-but-longlasting Daedo brand. One is 15 years old, has had litres of blood, sweat and dojang grime washed out of it, and has only suffered a minor split in the seat of the pants. The other is about 4 years old and its collar (once black) has gone a bizarre grey-brown colour. Still a good dobok, though.

Latest Discussions