Do you think life will be discovered on another planet in your lifetime?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unless the military is doing an excellent job of keeping secrets and we are much farther along in the space travel department, I feel 'they' will visit us first on a scale that everyone will be aware.
I hope it will not be some kind of Independence Day (the movie) extinction event. It is anybody's guess.
you can put a little bit of science into your guess, if they are out there they almost certainly dont know we are here, our communication bubble is about a 100 light years away by now, if they arnt really really close by galactic distance scales, we are invisable to them. lets say say they discover us tommorow and that they have technogigt to travel at .5 C it will take them 200 years to get here if they leave straight away`, seems like a lot of time and trouble to drop in for a cup of tea, particularly as all they know about us is watching laurel and hardy of course if they have seen '' i love lucy'' they will be sending a battlefleet

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
17 New Planets Including Habitable Earth-Sized World Discovered

Officially named KIC-7340288 b, the planet discovered by Michelle Kunimoto is just one and a half times the size of Earth and in the habitable zone of its star.

https://www.ndtv.com/science/17-new-...bia-ub-2187518
The article clearly says "potentially habitable" and that it is in the habitable zone which just means it is in the correct relationship from it's sun to have water IF any exist.

You post is misleading. What is the point?

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The article clearly says "potentially habitable" and that it is in the habitable zone which just means it is in the correct relationship from it's sun to have water IF any exist.

You post is misleading. What is the point?

Im not saying that life exists or trying to prove that it does. Just seen the article this morning. Its a potential planet where life could exist and conditions may be favorable for it to exist

Latest Discussions