Do you have a progressive mind set?

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And this is the reason you're convinced they cannot be used effectively. People who can do X effectively can do X effectively. People who cannot, cannot.
No, I did not even try until late in the 3rd year because I have to at that stage. I practiced almost 3 years on punches and front kick because I believe in it. You can believe what you want, I am just telling it as it is.

Yes, I did NOT try that hard, After a few times, I just said forget it. If I really want it like I want to perfect the punching, I would have spent months the perfect it. You think it's not frustrating putting 1 1/2hr 3 times a week just on punching the bag?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I did not even try until late in the 3rd year because I have to at that stage. I practiced almost 3 years on punches and front kick because I believe in it. You can believe what you want, I am just telling it as it is.

Yes, I did NOT try that hard, After a few times, I just said forget it. If I really want it like I want to perfect the punching, I would have spent months the perfect it. You think it's not frustrating putting 1 1/2hr 3 times a week just on punching the bag?
You're still saying the same thing. Because you cannot do something, you assume nobody else can. You're projecting your own limitations onto others. That's not a good idea.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
so you´ve used it in a fight? :D
I would like to see that, at older age, cold and do a flying kick in a fight effectively. when you are young, it's not as bad. BUT as you get older, try do just a high kick without stretching, forget the flying kick.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You're still saying the same thing. Because you cannot do something, you assume nobody else can. You're projecting your own limitations onto others. That's not a good idea.
Do you do flying kicks in real fight. You have video of real fight doing flying kick or you just want to put me down?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you do flying kicks in real fight. You have video of real fight doing flying kick or you just want to put me down?
There have been a number of videos posted to this thread showing people using flying kicks. Your only response has been "I can't do it so nobody can do it" which is just silly.
Assuming your limitations are shared by others is pretty common. We have seen many threads here claiming that you can't use high kicks. Despite ample evidence to the contrary. In this thread, there is ample evidence that some people can, in fact, use flying kicks effectively.
But hey, you're free to keep your head buried and deny reality if that's what makes you happy.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

And yes. Obviously if you can't do flying kicks. Don't do them in a street fight.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I would like to see that, at older age, cold and do a flying kick in a fight effectively. when you are young, it's not as bad. BUT as you get older, try do just a high kick without stretching, forget the flying kick.
try it in a crowded bar in my home town you´ll get a good beating...LOL

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There have been a number of videos posted to this thread showing people using flying kicks. Your only response has been "I can't do it so nobody can do it" which is just silly.
Assuming your limitations are shared by others is pretty common. We have seen many threads here claiming that you can't use high kicks. Despite ample evidence to the contrary. In this thread, there is ample evidence that some people can, in fact, use flying kicks effectively.
But hey, you're free to keep your head buried and deny reality if that's what makes you happy.
Did I said nobody can do it? I am sure some people can do it. can you do it in self defense without stretching and warmup?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Imagine if you will. We are in a room and I am trying to prove a table that we can both see exists. And so I point to it. Show you it is a thing and that is my argument.

Where instead you look at this table and try to explain why it doesn't exist.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
And yes. Obviously if you can't do flying kicks. Don't do them in a street fight.
it´s absolute nonsense to try this Hollywood Jackie chan crap on any street fight sorry but no guy is going to stand and let you do it... get real guy FFS !! If people think they can..OK up to them but sorry not for me . regardless if i can do it or not.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That's the whole point, and that's why I never pursue it after a few times. If I really want it, I'll climb the mountain to do it.
it´s pointless to even train for it. low kicks to knees, shins, stomach, mans private parts are what is needed in real fighting. my hands cover any upper areas. my philosophy

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
it´s pointless to even train for it. low kicks to knees, shins, stomach, mans private parts are what is needed in real fighting. my hands cover any upper areas. my philosophy
Right. Because nobody ever got kicked in the head in a real fight.

1637435895640.png

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Exactly. But it would be unwise to assume your opponent shares your inability, don't you think?

Yes.

If we were to go off what people could do with no training it would be eyes closed freestyle swimming.

Latest Discussions