Do you Gym (The kind with workout machines)?

Do you Gym?

• I just go to the dojo

• I just go to the gym

• I own the dojo

• I own them both

• I go to both

• I have equipment in my home

Results are only viewable after voting.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I own a Dojaang and yes I go to the gym but really do not like lifting but do just for the sake of it.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I go to the gym and the dojo, but don't own either, there's no place to vote for that :wah:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah you are right I did this rushing out the door from work.

FEH

Now I can't seem to edit it :)

I could probably go in and edit your poll if you'd like. Just let me know what you want things to say. Shoot me a PM if you'd like. :)

As for your question: I have a dojo membership. I used to workout at a gym, but I have equipment at home, so that is where I workout now. Nothing fancy of high-tech, but it gets the job done. :)

Mike

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have my TKD training, and I do weight training with free weights, mostly using a power rack, a dipping stand and a leg press machine, using a high intensity lifting program that I've been using for about eight years; I also do interval training for cardio, and regular workouts at home—kicking training and poomsae mostly—at a fairly intense level as well. At my age, I can't afford to get out of good shape even a little bit.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm just about to start lifting again after a break, but I am in the gym 3 days a week for cardio and calisthenics, plus TSD 4-5 times per week for 1-1.5 hours a piece.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I teach MA and I am a trainer at the gym that I workout at.

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I use the gym at the colllege where I work - but I also teach at the training hall 3 nights per week-

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't used to believe in fitness equipment. But as I get older and old injuries are affecting me more, I find they can be a lot easier on the joints than the PT regimen I was doing.

Jeff

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't go to a gym and I don't own exercise equipment. But I do workout at home 5 days a week in addition to training MA. Two days a week at the kwoon is not enough on it's own to keep me conditioned for MA, so I workout at home too. I incorporate much of what I do in the kwoon for conditioning, in addition to cardio and incorportating other isometric muscle exercises, no weights for me.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I go to class at least 2x a week for tkd and hkd. I own an olympic bench and some dumbbells. I have a mat for tkd in my basement that is 10x12. I also own a wavemaster from century for kicking.

So I do stay active.

Seeking Zen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We have a small gym at our Dojo( however, I am the only one who uses the gear on a regular basis)...I weight train heavily once a week and train five others with one day off.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I own a dojang, but I don't go to a gym often. I've never been much for lifting weights. I have just gone to the gym for the treadmill.

5150HKD

White Belt
Reaction score
I go to Hapkido twice a week. I also go to the gym cause it is free if I go the college rec center. But I don't lift weights, I just go to use the pull up and dip bars 2-3 times a week. Other than that I am always working out at home or running the local trail.

Latest Discussions