Do not steal from a dojo...not smart...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loc...cle_c2d85d32-3de2-11e0-8d01-001cc4c03286.html

Suspect chased by barefoot martial arts student after locker room theft, police say

A tae kwon do martial arts student, barefooted and in training garb, chased after a suspected thief Saturday morning, with the suspected thief arrested by Madison police for allegedly taking money and items from the martial arts school locker room.
Adrian White, 18, of Stoughton, was tentatively charged with theft and battery following his arrest at about 11:40 a.m. Saturday along a bike path near the Home Depot parking lot on Verona Road south of the Beltline.

FYI, also remember that things *do* get taken from training areas; we trust each other but who knows whom else wanders in! Be careful...

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Indeed.

Often it has occurred that perhaps the best place for us to store our belongings during a workout is not right next to the front window :(. Perhaps we suffer from false bravado?

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
we trust each other???????

I prefer to employ the method of keeping people honest by not leaving them temptations.
I would trust some of the people I train with with my kids I have known them that long. Other people I have in the studio I simply do not know well enough to even trust with my address...../shrug I am cautious... better safe then sorry.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
we trust each other???????

I prefer to employ the method of keeping people honest by not leaving them temptations.
I would trust some of the people I train with with my kids I have known them that long. Other people I have in the studio I simply do not know well enough to even trust with my address...../shrug I am cautious... better safe then sorry.

I trust my dojo-mates. However, you make a good point.

When I was on active duty with the Marines, I trusted my brother and sister Marines with my life. However, even with this, it was a violation to leave your wall locker unlocked. If it was found unlocked and you were not actually present, you'd receive Commanding Officer's Non-Judicial punishment (as much as losing a stripe and three month's pay). Harsh indeed, but your comments were true then as well. Thanks!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`m just reminded of a school I attended a seminar at in Washington state. Most of the adult members had CCW licenses and as the visiting teach was getting ready to begin I heard him ask the owner of the school "Why does everyone`s jacket go CLUNK when they set it down?"

Latest Discussions