Disenfectant for mats?

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
the school i go to uses viniger ..leaves a nice *gag* smell too.We use it on the group sparring gear too

jkn75

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any of the Clorox or Lysol wipes in a can. They are convenient because they come in their own container and they dry quickly on their own. They have some that are scrub type that use textured towels and those work really well if your mats are very dirty.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to use Lysol or Mr. Clean, just dilute it and clean often. I would just mop it with a bucket, the old fashioned way. And it does take along time, maybe an hour and a half for our dojang. Though when its clean, even if rinsed, the mats are somewhat more slippery, good to do turns but bad to do splits but I don't mind putting my chin down to floor then doing pushups. TW

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our wrestling coach used to make the statistitions mop our mats twice a day. Once before practice and immediately afterwards. At the moment I can't recall the name of the disinfectant but it was specifically made for that purpose. I've seen people get impentago (sp? :rolleyes: ), and staff infection from mats not being cleaned on a regular basis. Probably why our coach wanted it done twice a day. Let me tell you also, whatever it was would clear your nose out.

OP
K Williams

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did some surfing on the net and found a cleaner called KenClean Plus. It seems to be sold by all the wrestling companies.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I knew it had something to do with the word clean or "kleen" but couldn't remember completely. You won't be disappointed with the product.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Thanks for the "info" and I will recomend it to my sons wrestling and judo coaches. .....Aloha