Did I pass up something good? Or was it a charlatan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
And, frankly, what does that mean to us? You had to actually do something you found difficult… so?

It's martial talk, so I talk about my martial arts experiences. I don't understand why you continue to message me for if you dislike me so much. For about the fourth time you have said that you would kick me out of your dojo if you were him, I get it. I understood it the first time.

The sparring was not about ego for me, it was about working on technique. Trying to improve. The message he had told me was no fighting or sparring for stupid reasons. The key phrase here being stupid reasons, what is so stupid about having fun with friends?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's martial talk, so I talk about my martial arts experiences. I don't understand why you continue to message me for if you dislike me so much. For about the fourth time you have said that you would kick me out of your dojo if you were him, I get it. I understood it the first time.
Ironbear... He's bullying you. That's what he does. He's good at it. He never has anything good to say. He loves to tell people they are wrong. He thinks hes God's gift to martial arts. Either man up to him or back down. Remember, he's just a bully. It's in your court.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
My point is Chris, we all know how you feel about me. So why do you feel the need to always remind me and everyone else what they already know? In the past you said constructive things to me before but now its like you are just trying to hard get some sort of rise out of me.

My sifu has accepted that I am getting better, that is all that matters, because he is my instructor. No one else here is.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's martial talk, so I talk about my martial arts experiences.

The question was what relevance those parts of the story had. Yes, it's martial talk, which is a forum… and one of the rules is to keep things on topic as much as possible… so I was wondering what relevance it had. Kay?

I don't understand why you continue to message me for if you dislike me so much.

Well, for one thing, I don't dislike you. I don't like you, either, of course. For another, I continue to post because I believe in not letting poor information or ideas stand unopposed. And I do tend to call out idiocy when I see it.

For about the fourth time you have said that you would kick me out of your dojo if you were him, I get it. I understood it the first time.

No, you didn't.

The sparring was not about ego for me, it was about working on technique. Trying to improve. The message he had told me was no fighting or sparring for stupid reasons.

Your entire reason for sparring at all has always been about ego.

The key phrase here being stupid reasons, what is so stupid about having fun with friends?

The "stupid" is two fold… one, you're actively going against the wishes of your instructor, who says not to spar before a particular level. Two, you really don't know these guys, and are going into a situation where you are not in control. Actually, there's more, but that's more than enough to call it "stupid" in the first place.

My point is Chris, we all know how you feel about me. So why do you feel the need to always remind me and everyone else what they already know? In the past you said constructive things to me before but now its like you are just trying to hard get some sort of rise out of me.

Then you haven't been listening.

My sifu has accepted that I am getting better, that is all that matters, because he is my instructor. No one else here is.

This is one thing we agree on. What I am hoping is that you will also start to look at yourself and take responsibility for your actions.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, Tim. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your words and actions, and reminding you that you have few, if any legs to stand on.

You have made multiple baseless accusations in the past, and have had no ability to back them up. You have applied the usage of the rating system here to put forth an agenda based, not on the posts themselves, but on the posters themselves. You have been a bitter, angry soul for a long time now, since announcing a certain change in your life (which we all hoped was for the better).

Frankly, you have the credibility of a snake in this regard, and have nothing of value to offer. You simply pursue personal agendas, and are a toxic element to this forum. Your comments in the back-rooms of the forum show you are very happy with your double-standards, and have no intention of changing.

You are, simply, a spoilt child acting out a persecution complex, and projecting it onto others.

If you are threatened by that, or feel it's a challenge, that's your own issue. I only deal in facts.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, Tim. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your words and actions, and reminding you that you have few, if any legs to stand on.

You have made multiple baseless accusations in the past, and have had no ability to back them up. You have applied the usage of the rating system here to put forth an agenda based, not on the posts themselves, but on the posters themselves. You have been a bitter, angry soul for a long time now, since announcing a certain change in your life (which we all hoped was for the better).

Frankly, you have the credibility of a snake in this regard, and have nothing of value to offer. You simply pursue personal agendas, and are a toxic element to this forum. Your comments in the back-rooms of the forum show you are very happy with your double-standards, and have no intention of changing.

You are, simply, a spoilt child acting out a persecution complex, and projecting it onto others.

If you are threatened by that, or feel it's a challenge, that's your own issue. I only deal in facts.
Yes Chris, divert the attention away from your bully nature. You are a grown man. And yet all you do is tell everyone they are wrong and you are right . Every post you make is telling someone they are wrong and you are the expert. I won't continue to argue this point with you because it's so obvious and ridiculous. You don't see it, or don't want to see it. You find nothing good in people. You attack the weak. You are a big man.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is one thing we agree on. What I am hoping is that you will also start to look at yourself and take responsibility for your actions.

And we both know there is nothing I can do or say to show that right now, that is something that is shown with time and how I deal with life situations as they come up.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes Chris, divert the attention away from your bully nature. You are a grown man. And yet all you do is tell everyone they are wrong and you are right . Every post you make is telling someone they are wrong and you are the expert. I won't continue to argue this point with you because it's so obvious and ridiculous. You don't see it, or don't want to see it. You find nothing good in people. You attack the weak. You are a big man.

What the hell happened to you, man? Seriously, I'm wanting to know. You used to be reasonable, intelligent, good to talk to. These days? You accuse me of being a fraud behind closed doors (where I couldn't see or answer), when you get called on that, you say "those that know, know" and "it's common knowledge", then refuse to actually bring any evidence forth or retract your statements (here's a hint: you couldn't possibly back your statements up)… instead, choosing to pursue this bizarre agenda throughout the forum. You went into the Mentors area to tell everyone who should and shouldn't be a Mentor, based on your personal ideas of how they should behave, then when it's pointed out that you don't follow that yourself, you say you're not a Mentor (but had access due to being one in the past), so you don't have to follow even the example you set yourself…

Really… what happened to you?

And we both know there is nothing I can do or say to show that right now, that is something that is shown with time and how I deal with life situations as they come up.

Well, that's patently incorrect. While it is something that is shown through situations as they come up, you've had multiple situations, and haven't shown anything of the kind. And that's what we've been looking for (myself, Dirty Dog, and more). But yes, you absolutely can show that you're taking responsibility for your actions and behaviour… by actually taking responsibility for them.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What the hell happened to you, man? Seriously, I'm wanting to know. You used to be reasonable, intelligent, good to talk to. These days? You accuse me of being a fraud behind closed doors (where I couldn't see or answer), when you get called on that, you say "those that know, know" and "it's common knowledge", then refuse to actually bring any evidence forth or retract your statements (here's a hint: you couldn't possibly back your statements up)… instead, choosing to pursue this bizarre agenda throughout the forum. You went into the Mentors area to tell everyone who should and shouldn't be a Mentor, based on your personal ideas of how they should behave, then when it's pointed out that you don't follow that yourself, you say you're not a Mentor (but had access due to being one in the past), so you don't have to follow even the example you set yourself…

Really… what happened to you?

Well, that's patently incorrect. While it is something that is shown through situations as they come up, you've had multiple situations, and haven't shown anything of the kind. And that's what we've been looking for (myself, Dirty Dog, and more). But yes, you absolutely can show that you're taking responsibility for your actions and behaviour… by actually taking responsibility for them.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No-one. I didn't sign one. But with the changeover of software, there was a time when certain areas were accessible. And I'm only bringing in things that are directly related to me here, nothing else seen… although I didn't sign any NDA, I do want to abide by it in spirit.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No-one. I didn't sign one. But with the changeover of software, there was a time when certain areas were accessible. And I'm only bringing in things that are directly related to me here, nothing else seen… although I didn't sign any NDA, I do want to abide by it in spirit.
Hmmm. Don't believe you. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions