Did I buy that?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I brought in a box full of vinyl records I had sitting out.
(they were in remarkably good condition considering the neglect....)

I flipped through them and discovered many favorites from back then, a lot of memories and stuff I knew my late sister had bought and fawned over.

And there were a couple I thought 'oh shucks, I was that much of a fan girl?!' when I pulled 4 albums of one group out...
and several 'who are they' when I looked at them...

you know, the one hit wonders from back then...

I mean, who is Jason Donovan?!

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jason Donovan (born 1 June 1968, Malvern, Melbourne) is an Australian actor and singer. He initially achieved success in the Australian soap opera Neighbours. In the UK he has sold more than 3 million records, and his début album Ten Good Reasons was the highest-selling album of 1989 with sales of over 1.5 million copies. He has had four UK No. 1 singles, one of which was "Especially for You", his 1988 duet with Kylie Minogue. In more recent years, he has returned to acting on television and in stage musicals.
Jason Donovan is the son of actor Terence Donovan, who also appeared in Neighbours as Doug Willis, and Sue McIntosh. His half-sister is former Neighbours star Stephanie McIntosh. Donovan attended De La Salle College, Malvern. His girlfriend since 1998 and the mother of his children is Angela Malloch, a former stage manager. He has three children, a daughter, Jemma (born 28 March 2000) a son, Zac (born 22 March 2001), and daughter, Molly (born 9 March 2011). Donovan and Malloch were married in Bali in 2008.[SUP][1][/SUP]
He was the subject of an episode of the BBC TV series Who Do You Think You Are? on 30 August 2010 in which he discovered he is a descendant of the pioneer William Cox, who built the first road across Australia's Blue Mountains in 1814. Donovan also confirmed he is of Jewish descent through his maternal great-grandmother, Eileen Dawson (née Lyons). His great-great grandparents Joseph & Rosetta Lyons originated from Whitechapel, London.

Donovan's daughter Jemma was born in March 2000. Since then, with his drug problems now under control, he continued to act on stage and television, and had a role in the medical-legal television drama MDA (2003–05), on Australia's ABC network. Since 2003, Donovan has also lent his voice to the Buzz! series of quiz video games.
In late 2004, he was headlining in the stage musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the London Palladium. He finished his original run on 13 March 2005, but was then invited back from June onwards to play in the final two months of the show, until its closure on 4 September 2005. Following this, he has toured the UK performing a few gigs and returned to the stage in January 2006 to star in a UK tour of Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd. After this, he returned to Melbourne to star in David Eldrige's Australian transfer of the London drama Festen.

...Does that Answer your Question?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jason Donovan (born 1 June 1968, Malvern, Melbourne) is an Australian actor and singer. He initially achieved success in the Australian soap opera Neighbours. In the UK he has sold more than 3 million records, and his début album Ten Good Reasons was the highest-selling album of 1989 with sales of over 1.5 million copies. He has had four UK No. 1 singles, one of which was "Especially for You", his 1988 duet with Kylie Minogue. In more recent years, he has returned to acting on television and in stage musicals.
Jason Donovan is the son of actor Terence Donovan, who also appeared in Neighbours as Doug Willis, and Sue McIntosh. His half-sister is former Neighbours star Stephanie McIntosh. Donovan attended De La Salle College, Malvern. His girlfriend since 1998 and the mother of his children is Angela Malloch, a former stage manager. He has three children, a daughter, Jemma (born 28 March 2000) a son, Zac (born 22 March 2001), and daughter, Molly (born 9 March 2011). Donovan and Malloch were married in Bali in 2008.[SUP][1][/SUP]
He was the subject of an episode of the BBC TV series Who Do You Think You Are? on 30 August 2010 in which he discovered he is a descendant of the pioneer William Cox, who built the first road across Australia's Blue Mountains in 1814. Donovan also confirmed he is of Jewish descent through his maternal great-grandmother, Eileen Dawson (née Lyons). His great-great grandparents Joseph & Rosetta Lyons originated from Whitechapel, London.

Donovan's daughter Jemma was born in March 2000. Since then, with his drug problems now under control, he continued to act on stage and television, and had a role in the medical-legal television drama MDA (2003–05), on Australia's ABC network. Since 2003, Donovan has also lent his voice to the Buzz! series of quiz video games.
In late 2004, he was headlining in the stage musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the London Palladium. He finished his original run on 13 March 2005, but was then invited back from June onwards to play in the final two months of the show, until its closure on 4 September 2005. Following this, he has toured the UK performing a few gigs and returned to the stage in January 2006 to star in a UK tour of Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd. After this, he returned to Melbourne to star in David Eldrige's Australian transfer of the London drama Festen.

LOL, you got mad wikifu skillz!

I actually looked him up...though I was more interested in the record either my sister or I had bought....
Too many broken hearts...catchy little tune, right out of the mill of Stock Aitken Waterman.
Took me back a spell there.

Another kid out of that stable, Rick Astley...I framed his album....I thought it was a nice present for my kid....Rick-Roll him for his birthday! :D (yep, it had that song on there!)

Sadly I have no record player...hadn't had one in almost 20 years now.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I actually looked him up...though I was more interested in the record either my sister or I had bought....
Too many broken hearts...catchy little tune, right out of the mill of Stock Aitken Waterman.

Another kid out of that stable, Rick Astley...I framed his album....I thought it was a nice present for my kid....Rick-Roll him for his birthday! :D (yep, it had that song on there!)

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well, i do Practition Taekwon-Do, Boxing, Wiki Te-Do, and Sanshou Google. And of course, Clever-Bo Te.

I am quite the Stylist, these days.
And as for Mister Astley, THAT Song was actually quite Popular, before people begrudged it for being a meme :)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still love that song! Found it on a CD not too long ago. ^_^

The kid gave me the obligatory <facepalm>
Which, of course, was the expected (and desired) reaction.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I still love that song! Found it on a CD not too long ago. ^_^

The kid gave me the obligatory <facepalm>
Which, of course, was the expected (and desired) reaction.
Well, at least he didnt doubt that you actually wanted it :)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
oh noes, that song is now stuck in my head...

too many broken hearts.....

Latest Discussions