DF: Many Filipinos in America began training with Greg Alland

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Many Filipinos in America began training with Greg Alland
By MasterKaliSilat - Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:57:10 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Because there's more to the Philippine Arts and Sciences then stick fighting, many Filipinos growing up in American find that there is more to the art then learning to fight with sticks. As a matter of fact according to Grand Master Canete, there is no such thing as Filipino stick fighting. It's origin is originally a bladed art, too bloody for Americans and the rest of the world, so to make it popular the Filipino introduced stick fighting competition. And, this too is dangerous and in my classes each individual signs a waiver stating, "up to and including death". In fact there have been some fights with real rattan, not the lightweight stuff found in America that have ended in a death, although they weren't death matches. So we continue to train with the heavy stuff imported from the Philippines. If you want to know more, visit us in many schools that continue to train with heavy rattan approximately 2" in diamater and see what it's all about.

Incidentally, I usually don't charge Filipino students, because this is their culture, and traditionally money was never exchanged for training and beside, asowako ang Filipina. Even Great Grand Master Dan Inosanto trained indirectly with me from our early video that contained the original 64 attacks of Pekiti Tirsia and the revered Doce Pares system of espada Y dage, Dan purchased them all in 1987. So, why not come and see for yourself, rather then listen to the hot air expressed by some that couldn't do the training it requires to develop their own skill. There are those that know and those that will never know, because it's not easy to take the material and make it your own!

With 34 years at practice and now 61, I continue to train and do the practice I've done since 1972 when I first met my teacher fresh from the Philippines. And if you want more, join one of our programs we have introduced a Kali Silat FIVE DAY programs and it's the only Instructor Guru program of it's kind, a great success we now in our 5th year. Coming up March 2 & September yearly - in Virginia Beach, VA. and you'll find more at http://KaliSilat.org

Welcome back Dave Tanner, again working with us toward the goal of promoting these Philippine & Indonesian Martial Arts & Sciences, we call Kali Silat, Please visit: http://81x.com/eskrima/Silat/ and you'll see more on why Grand Master Gaje still supports us, in our effort and tagged our program SinaTirsiaWali. There's even a new video BLOG, produced by Master Dave Tanner, Video Producer extraordinaire. Master Tanner will be working with us to produce a new series on the 155 Strikes of Sinawali, and more on mixed martial arts, the UFC and ultimate fighting championships held in Vagas, NV coming up soon.

In Rio de Janeiro Master Paulo Albuquerque, with over 30 years in martial arts began working with us in 1986 and will be traveling soon to the US to provide a host enlightening program on Kombato. Kombato contains many principles of Kali Silat's protection skills. Master Paulo has contracts with the Brazilian Navy, and Rio's police personnel in addition to providing programs throughout Brazil and South America on these protection skills designed for individuals interested in having options for personal safety, against violent situations. Visit http://Kombato.org for more.

New York City March 10th and 11th, 8:am Mulberry & Worth Street In addition to new a new program development in New York by Master Compton Philipps, there will be some special programs in New York City, in April with GM Doug Pierre, and in New York's Chinatown to attend, email us at [email protected] or call. Our number is at the website.

There's even a New Members Only site at http://KaliSilat.org Members may request login for discounts and information not found anywhere on these extraordinary arts and sciences that provide the information you need to grow with.

And there's nothing like training with us in the Philippines we'll be traveling to Cebu & LaGuna* You can even visit our Members Only pages and apply for a grant to go with us to CEBU
May 24th- June 1th, 2007 Leave & Return to NY - LA, next is
MANILA at Laguna campus of the University of the Philippines or LEAVE July 12 & Return to NY-LA July 23, 2007. and CEBU again Leave August 16 and Return August 30th to NY - LA 2007. Be there for unparalleled training experience's you won't find anywhere.

The World Kali Silat Society is bringing people together through the art and science of human life, we call Kali Silat - SinaTirsiaWali, is the, "Martial Dance of Life" and provides a wide variety of personal development and protection skills; for physical, mental and spiritual growth for everyone. Passed from generation to generation from among many Southeast Asian cultures, Kali Silat's Doce Methods are historical, proven survival skills of these fierce warriors.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed