FMAT: Area for vendors/makers of Philippine weaponry & training supplies?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Area for vendors/makers of Philippine weaponry & training supplies?
By 408serrada - Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:07:26 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hey All,

I was thinking...

I would like to see an area dedicated to not only vendors of Malay weapons and training supplies, but also the art of Phil/Indo/Malay bladesmithing, blade restoration and those who offer these services! How could I go about petitioning for an dedicated area on the forum?

Who else would like to see something like this here?

Hailing from the states, it has been my experience that a wide variety of Phil/Malay weaponry isn't readily available. There are a few importers, but a sparse few to my knowledge.

I think it would be lucrative in regards to furthering the FMA's, as well as monetarily, to support the idea? Any comments are welcome!

I am interested in learning the art of the Panday (bladesmith) to produce exclusively Phil/Malay blades, well-balanced, battle-ready, with strict attention to every detail including quality of material and craftsmanship, quality of scabbard, variety, and affordability. Not something that will snap and break with the first stress-test, or something that is of faulty design, such as some of the backwards Kampilans I have seen being offered by various online stores. I would also like to produce weaponry which has not been seen or made since Pre-Spanish era.

Thanks for reading!

~John

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed