DF: Analize ELBOWS...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Analize ELBOWS...
By Tant01 - 01-17-2009 06:36 PM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Look close at the elbow blows in this form. I'm sure many are familiar with the weapon but take a peek at the delivery HERE>>>

Now... I don't know the first thing about gong-fu forms but this looks pretty sharp. I don't know who the man is or who teaches him or even if his posture and footwork are worthy of some comment?

If you care to enlighten me, that would be great! I have some questions about the timing of his hip torque and what the back of the wrist is used for?

YouTube Video If you are able to see this message it means that you don't have flash installed or that the video server is down.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Looks like baji quan. very practical and powerful style IMHO.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It says it is baijiquan in the caption. Not sure what you want to know about the hip torque, most of the moves are using full body power behind the strikes. Most of these moves have multiple applications. The obvious one for the elbow you're talking about is a sudden, upward elbow strike. As for the back of the wrist move, I'm assuming your talking about the move at 0:47, that could be a strike with the back of the wrist to the ribs, or maybe the solar plexus, it could also be a shoulder dislocation if the other hand has received a strike and pulled it in while the striking hand rises up and into the armpit.

Is this the kind of feedback you're looking for?

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh, and you may want to re-evaluate the title of you post, it's spelled analyze with a Y. What you're spelling is all together different from what I think you mean.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As stated it is Bajiquan
The guy is Lu Baochun
and his teacher was Han Longquan (1917-1985).

Actually that is all listed with the video

Baji is a pretty nasty (meaning painful to the other guy) and rather direct style and it was the style of choice of the body gaurds of Sun Yatsen

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As stated it is Bajiquan
The guy is Lu Baochun
and his teacher was Han Longquan (1917-1985).

Actually that is all listed with the video

Baji is a pretty nasty (meaning painful to the other guy) and rather direct style and it was the style of choice of the body gaurds of Sun Yatsen

Sun also used Hung Ga & CLF peeps too when he was in the South.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool, I did not know that.

I only know about what he used in Taiwan and I am not sure it was exclusively baji but I believe his top guy was Baji in Taiwan.

Yep... I read sometime ago that the two brothers (Baji) that were Pu Yi's bodyguards during the last little while in the Forbidden City went on to work for Nationalists like Chiang & Sun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yep... I read sometime ago that the two brothers (Baji) that were Pu Yi's bodyguards during the last little while in the Forbidden City went on to work for Nationalists like Chiang & Sun.

And one of the top Baji Body guards of either Chiang or Sun, I don't remember which one, has a top student in Boston... that won't teach Baji to anyone.... rather sad actually.

Latest Discussions