Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nalia said:
Only if you can recite by memory the Molson "I am Canadian" ad. :D

I could be like our pledge of allegiance (sp?) ;)

There are three different ads that run here in Michigan for the "I am Canadian."

;) - I told you we were a Beer state :D

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yup...still part of the Commonwealth:

http://www.thecommonwealth.org/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=20596

http://www.hayes.de/common.htm

http://www.allstates-flag.com/fotw/flags/cwn.html#mem

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0813057.html

At least, according to the first link, the Commonwealth itself thinks that Canada is part of the Commonwealth. If not, one of us ought to call them and let them know.

Personally, I think we need to have Canada separate from the U.S. We have a tradition dating back to 1776 of people fleeing there to escape persecution. Tories, slaves, C.O.'s....

Regards,

Steve

T

TonyM.

Ah, I stand corrected. it was the 1982 constitution act. Sorry for the missinfomation.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is worth it to drink Molsen just for the clever little sayings that they have on each of the bottles.

My favorite: "Party island, population one"

Girlfriend's favorite: "Look at my shoes, you'll be impressed"

It makes drinking even more fun. I am planning on grabbing some for our camping trip to the U.P. this weekend.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
The first nation of hockey!
and the best part of North America

My name is Joe!!
And I am Canadian!!!

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
"A hat is a hat.A boot is a boot and about is about".

and if you say "ZED".....

yer British!

:)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
"A hat is a hat.A boot is a boot and about is about".

and if you say "ZED".....

yer British!

:)

Naw, The rest of the Europeans says Zed as well, including those pesky Canadian south of me ;)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:

My name is Joe!!
And I am Canadian!!!
Throw mw one of those will ya?
icon10.gif

MMmm..Molsen.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:

My name is Joe!!
And I am Canadian!!!
Throw me one of those will ya?
icon10.gif

MMmm..Molsen.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
After reading the site that the original link came from (rense.com), I think I've got it tagged. There are several key things on the homepage:

UFO's. ("Debunkers taken to task!") Oh do they love their UFO's here.

Zionism. Zionism. More mentioning of Zionism.

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I hope you know what that is.

The Myths of 9-11 ("Hollywood-like Fake Smoke Made 9/11")

Its a conspiracy theory web site, folks. I wouldn't give it much consideration.

Regards,

Steve

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure why we'd have to join with Mexico anyway. At this rate, every Mexican will already be living here in 20 years.

OP
T

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
it's true Rense speaks to conspiracies, however, the discussion inside the cfr is bonafide.

here is an address on the Council of Foreign Relations site:

http://www.cfr.org/pub8173/robert_a_pastor/a_north_american_community_approach_to_security.php

Here is a statement from that long article:

Defining a North American Community

North Americans are ready for a new relationship. Studies over the past 20 years have shown a convergence of values, on personal and family issues as well as on public policy. An October 2003 poll taken in all three countries by Ekos, a Canadian firm, found that a clear majority believes that a North American economic union will be established in the next ten years.

There are a WHOLE LOT of articles on the CFR about "Building a North American Community". This is clearly something they are pushing at our politicians, touting it in glowing terms. I did not find the particular one the Rense site mentions, yet. I will keep looking.

Cheers.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
TaiChiTJ said:
it's true Rense speaks to conspiracies, however, the discussion inside the cfr is bonafide.

here is an address on the Council of Foreign Relations site:

http://www.cfr.org/pub8173/robert_a_pastor/a_north_american_community_approach_to_security.php

Here is a statement from that long article:

Defining a North American Community

North Americans are ready for a new relationship. Studies over the past 20 years have shown a convergence of values, on personal and family issues as well as on public policy. An October 2003 poll taken in all three countries by Ekos, a Canadian firm, found that a clear majority believes that a North American economic union will be established in the next ten years.

There are a WHOLE LOT of articles on the CFR about "Building a North American Community". This is clearly something they are pushing at our politicians, touting it in glowing terms. I did not find the particular one the Rense site mentions, yet. I will keep looking.

Cheers.
A CFR discussion of expanding economic ties in North America is a far cry from a wide ranging plan to create a single political entity out of North America.

OP
T

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Here is a quote from Christine Romans, CNN correspondent when the Lou Dobbs show interviewed CFR people:

ROMANS: That's the view in a report called "Building a North American Community." It envisions a common border around the U.S., Mexico and Canada in just five years, a border pass for residents of the three countries, and a freer flow of goods and people.

Now I don't know. You can look at their focus on economics and say it all doesn't matter much or you can look at the term "common border".

We need to understand there is an agenda here. CFR is emphasizing the security and trade aspects of all this, telling us how wonderful it will all be.

The google search I did told me there are 106,202,903 Mexicans living in a society, where many people say there is not much of a middle class. You are basically very rich or uncomfortably poor. Ok great how many are coming into the U.S. or Canada to work? A quarter of their population? Half? When our largest and most respected corporations are announcing permanent layoffs every day in the THOUSANDS? Or relocating out of the country entirely. The CFR also conveniently forgets to mention the language differences.

This is all going to be easily accomplished in a five year program?

You can write this all off to nonsense and afford yourself a belly laugh, but the CFR is powerful and when they want the ear of your congressperson or senator, the CFR gets its message heard.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd be for it on philosophical grounds, even though the advantage to me (economically) is far from clear. But, 5 years if rather optimistic. For Canada, maybe...but to include Mexico, there are too many issues.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
TaiChiTJ said:
Here is a quote from Christine Romans, CNN correspondent when the Lou Dobbs show interviewed CFR people:

ROMANS: That's the view in a report called "Building a North American Community." It envisions a common border around the U.S., Mexico and Canada in just five years, a border pass for residents of the three countries, and a freer flow of goods and people.

Now I don't know. You can look at their focus on economics and say it all doesn't matter much or you can look at the term "common border".

We need to understand there is an agenda here. CFR is emphasizing the security and trade aspects of all this, telling us how wonderful it will all be.

The google search I did told me there are 106,202,903 Mexicans living in a society, where many people say there is not much of a middle class. You are basically very rich or uncomfortably poor. Ok great how many are coming into the U.S. or Canada to work? A quarter of their population? Half? When our largest and most respected corporations are announcing permanent layoffs every day in the THOUSANDS? Or relocating out of the country entirely. The CFR also conveniently forgets to mention the language differences.

This is all going to be easily accomplished in a five year program?

You can write this all off to nonsense and afford yourself a belly laugh, but the CFR is powerful and when they want the ear of your congressperson or senator, the CFR gets its message heard.
The CFR's desires do not automatically translate in to US policy.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
as far as an economic union goes the north american free trade agreement was supposed to be instrumental in making all 3 countries more powerful economically, by implementing the idea of barrier free trade.
it sounds as if this article is blaming nafta for the woes of the country.
the idea of a single north american economic power is not a bad idea. but it wont come at the cost national identity.
free trade has been around for 11 years already, has it affected people negatively; yes
has it had a positive effect for the parties involved; yes.
there is a lot of national pride in all 3 countries.....a single unified north america? no. the idea to break down political borders so that everyone can benefit, why not?

Latest Discussions