Describe your Surroundings

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Describe where you are right now.

I'm sitting in my big comfy leather chair, it's black, high backed, my legs propped up on my desk which is 'L' shaped, keyboard on my lap. My room is the puter room and it's on the 2nd floor of our house which is over 150 yrs old red Brick. The walls are a creamy tan and the floor is a patterned linoleum, yellow viney flowers. there's a sewing table in the far left corner, a bookcase next to it on the right filled with sewing stuff and cds, and candles. To my immediate left is Seig's puter armoire, and his chair, a window on the left wall floor to ceiling with venetian blinds and lace curtains, on the floor below the window is the dog bed but the cat sleeps there :D Behind me is a TV on a table that I use for making VHS Tapes into DVDs, beyond that is a step down into the Upstairs Sunroom, which is windows all the way across 2 walls, and a trifold screen covered with lace.
There's paintings on the walls in both rooms. I have an abundance of natural light and it's nice and warm in here today :)

2fisted

I'm currently in the woods surrounded by malevolent ninjas. :lookie:

I'm actually at lunch at work piddling around on the 'net. :D

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My ceiling is also really high, partially cathedral, ranging from 12 to 15 feet or so. I have a giant wooden door, about 12 ft high. I have a forest green leather chair to match the forest green carpets. I have a good sized cherrywood desk, with cherrywood filing draws and shelving. A large window (gotta be about 10' high) with a nice view of the fire station. 2 cherrywood chairs in front of my desk with an endtable with magazines (for clients) I have a small TV with CNBC in the background. 2 paintings from london on the walls, one from the US. My 1st rank certificate ever recieved in Arnis, and my Degree is also on the wall. A Christmas wreath is also on the door.

I'd say that about covers it.

PAUL

K

KenpoMatt

sitting in a corporate training room on the 5th floor of a skyscraper across the street from Liberty Place 1 in Center City Philadelphia.

I'm outta the office for "Visual Studio.Net" training this week (computer nerd stuff). The training room is small & has four long tables. Each table has 2 people and 2 computers. There is an instructor sitting at the forn of the room playing really bad 80's music ("Oh..Oh Sheila..let me love you") while the class works on an exercise.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am at my desk at work. Its an "open air cubical" meaning it has no walls, it just boots up against the next desk.

In front of me is a monitor, a phone, and a copy of "Homebrewing for Dummies" as well as my cup of coffee. To my right is a wall with a window overlooking our Foyer, and to my left is my co-worker at his desk.

The desk is honey colored presswood with a black laquer desktop. Martial talk is on my screen.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sitting at the public library's Adult wing on one of the 16 computers available for *ahem* "research purposes" cruising MT for interesting topics. Librarians busily helping folks out finding this book or signing other folks onto empty computer terminals and to my right a large window reminding me that I have a chilly walk home when my allotted time expires here. Christmas decor can be seen intermittedly and a clock that chimes every 15 minutes on my (far) left. A hardwood chair supports my butt uncomfortably (which was probably designed so that folks won't get TOO comfortable while cruising the net).

Mentally: In a quiet place surrounded by my few favorite folks. ... of course... in a cave!:D

:asian:

T

TheRustyOne

My dorm room...

Computer in front of me, wall just behind it. To the right is the door, to the left is the other desk, which is my roommate's. Behind the desk is my bed, which is disheveled, and in the corner against the wall. Next to the head of the bed is a nightstand, which disallows anyone from opening the one door of the wardrobe, which faces my bed.

On the other side is my roommate's half of the room. There the window and the heater/ac unit lie. In the corner, facing her desk is her wardrobe. Caught in the corner is her bed. In front her bed is the set of drawers.

but that is not all! Leave the door and enter a hall, to the immediate right is a nook with the trash-can, fridge, and microwave. Just beyon that is the bathroom. Through a door on the left is my other two roommate's room. Straight ahead is the living room.

And that is a suite in the Westwoods. Normal dorm rooms sleep two and they have to deal w/ communal bathrooms. blah.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here I sit in my comfy gray roller chair that tilts back if I want it to. Immediately in front of me on the little pull-out section of my green wooden desk lies my keyboard on which I type. To my right and up a little on the main desk part, there is a Winnie the Pooh and Gang mousepad that has my mouse on top of it. Next to that and straight in front of me is my computer monitor which has a whale sticker next to the power button in the lower right hand corner. On top of the computer, there are three items.....one is a stuffed doll an ex-co-worker gave me that is supposed to be my "computer angel". The other two items are a multi-colored stuffed animal frog and a red-eyed plastic tree frog. On the top shelf of my computer desk, there are many things including a blue geode (sp?) my brother gave me, 6 stuffed animals including a beanie bear for Mother's day, two moose, two lambs and a classical Tigger. There are also two crystal lighthouses, two speakers (for my computer), a candle with a lighthouse picture on it and a set of keys that used to belong to my grandmother. In the middle, there is a small framed sign that says "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams". Resting against the corner of the sign is the new quarter from Maine which has a lighthouse on it.

Above all this, there is a shelf coming out from the white wall......on it are all my karate trophies, a few dragon figurines, a signed picture of Frank Trejo and three small flags- American, Canadian and Australian. Above that on the wall, there is a picture of a white tiger.

To my left mounted on the wall is my framed Black Belt certificate. Below that is a wall-hanging that displays all my old belts.

To my right is a file cabinet, and above that, overlooking all that I do is a framed and matted picture of Mr. Ed Parker.

I won't go into the rest of the room as there is a lot and I don't know that you want to know about all the other crap in our computer room........the other side behind me is my husband's computer and stuff.

:asian: :karate:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well besides sitting in front of the computer here. My christmas tree is on at my rear diagonal right;) . The computer desk is a mess because my daugher leaves **** on it all of the time. Aaron is playing with his tinker toys. Heather is wrapping presents in the bedroom. It's cold outside:mad: . The furnace is on trying to keep us warm. I see frost on the cars:mad: :mad: . Our place is a mess getting ready for christmas. What else can I say other than I hate winter, and I hate cold weather!:mad: :soapbox:

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am watching the neighbor man who's hanging precariously from his ladder with one hand and reaching waaaaay too far over 30' up in the air, hanging his Christmas lights. Sure hope he's insured~! His loud wife is down, safe on the ground giving orders.. *rolling eyes*
My cat is making low throated noises at the birds flitting around as she perches on the sewing table chair. Michael is sleeping, the dog is too. Sounds of construction from behind me as they are putting the finishing touches on a new house. The sun is out but very deceiving, it's downright frigid outside, and the electric heater I have plugged in behind me is silently keeping the room toasty.
I'm multitasking and peeking at the weather channel, Nasty weather is heading here tomorrow.. *growls*

T

TheRustyOne

Here at mom's house it's pretty warm inside. Downright nasty outside.

There's stuff all on the desk, a sign that, sure enough, my sister lives here :p To my right is the TV and next to that is the chair facing the sliding glass door. The cat enjoys sleeping there in the sun. Following around the room, there's the BIG gas fireplace that heats up the whole house, next to the couch w/ the coffee table in front of it. A little further to my left is the kitchen table, a long, low table, and beyond that is the kitchen.

Immediately to my left is the bulge of the stairs, which are semi-spiral. There's an overlook above me, and the ceiling is ginormously high.

On top of the monitor are mom's lil plushies, a rooster and a moose.

I gotta be quiet because my sister is still sleeping. Her room is just beyond the wall I'm facing.

...btw, my sister is 25...she was just out late.

T

TheRustyOne

Oh! Overlooking the entry way is our "boiling oil" hole! It's a lil overlook from mom's room upstairs that she joked we could spit on people from. I corrected her and said that we can pour boiling oil on invading enemies. But for now, a big, bushy fern lives there quite happily.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's see...I have a black computer chair, nothing fancy. Desk is two levels, and my stero resides on one side. A signed DC pic hangs above my comp next to my 2nd place award from my last tourney. Off to my left is a bulliten (Sp) board full of blow gun darts, and a signed (And cut!) picture of Mr. Robert Dante, the worlds fastest whip. (209 cracks in a minute). Then the door to my room. Beyond that lies all my rank certs, belts, and boards, as well as signed pics of Mike Swain an my GM. Also my 'lectric getar. As we continue two soft orange chairs and a book shelf. My futon and entertainment center. Directly behind me I have mirrors.Then my train collection, more mirrors. Door to upstairs, my big bookshelf and back to me :)

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A picture paints a thousand words!

I.

Attachments

• $lounge.jpg
    $lounge.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 99