Thoughts for the day.....

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You read about all these terrorists -- most of them came here legally, But they hung around on these expired visas, some for as long as 10 -15 years.

Now, compare that to Blockbuster; you are two days late with a video and those people are all over you. Let's put Blockbuster in charge of immigration.

Instead of a whole classroom of children on medicine for A.D.D., why not just put the teacher on Prozac?

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
You read about all these terrorists -- most of them came here legally, But they hung around on these expired visas, some for as long as 10 -15 years.

We need to get rid of them. One way or another.:eek:

Now, compare that to Blockbuster; you are two days late with a video and those people are all over you.
I don't even want to go here. Those dirty "dogs" charged me another rental on being two hrs. late. :mad:

Instead of a whole classroom of children on medicine for A.D.D., why not just put the teacher on Prozac?
I wouldn't put myself in such a setting. I would probably need the prozac by the end of one day.;)

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
I was told once by someone that my body was my temple. Therefore I try to eat right lift everyday put in some cardio 2 times a week. Go to the studio on monday nights. Practice at home just about damn near every night. However I'm sad to say one time whilst in the emergency room at the hospital the dr. looking at me said I'd live to be 120 yrs. old. I told him thanks but probably 70 is old enough.:confused:

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
Yeah, see the above last couple of sentences.:(

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
I've made a rule of thumb to always breath and properly.:rofl:

Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?
I hate politics.:mad:

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?
I know what you mean. After purchasing those lighters that look like guns that's all I use anymore.:rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth

I don't even want to go here. Those dirty "dogs" charged me another rental on being two hrs. late. :mad:

I had a problem with Meijer's A local super store, that used to rent videos.

I had rented two movies. I brought them back and told the sales person that one of them was unviewable. They credited my account, meaning I could rent another video.

A couple of weeks later I get a bill for $110 for the movie. This is the price they charged for a person to buy the video.

I took the bill and went to the Video section and it was controlled entrance and exit through turn styles. I prohibited anyone from leaving. You see they might have had the video I had returned. I finally got the store manager there and he was quiet upset and said the police were on the way. I smiled and said "Good, it is a felony to charge $100+ illegally on a charge card. I want to press charges". At that point, he stopped and started to listen. While he checked the computer system, I continued to inspect anyone leaving to see if they had my movie :). Most people thought I was crazy, yet, I told them if they wanted to leave before the police showed up, all I want to do is make sure they are not walking out with the video I was charged with. Of course being Friday Night, I had lots of people upset and willing to let me inspect so they could leave. The Manager decided it was better to close the department for a while. 2 hours later we had gone through the computers system and found that no one had rented it since I had. We had gone through this 5 foot tall bin of damaged videos, and of course mine was in the bottom. About this time the police showed up. A total of about 3 hours since I showed up. The manager apologized to the officer and he left. I had my credit card adjusted. I was asked to no longer rent there. I replied I still had a free one coming. The manager refunded my money for the rental. :D

I just hate it when people throw up their hands at the system and say they cannot help you. It took the Store Manager to straighten it out. And in the end he lost lots of sales and refunded by money and creditied my account.

Sorry for the slight off topic :soapbox:

:asian:

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*reminder.. Never get on the wrong side of Rich :eek: *G*
Glad it worked out for ya.. you're right Rich, too many people just let sleeping dogs lie and that makes matters worse for the rest of the public.. Good Job~!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
*reminder.. Never get on the wrong side of Rich :eek: *G*
Glad it worked out for ya.. you're right Rich, too many people just let sleeping dogs lie and that makes matters worse for the rest of the public.. Good Job~!!

Well I did something similar with a riding lawn mower I bought. After two days it would not start, and they would not warrenty or fix it. A similar incident and I walked out with a new mower.

Yes, if you are wrong, then pay. If you are right then do not let the system have its' way with you.

Latest Discussions