Deer seen by the road today

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
MY elk story I was hunting with my Bro and a huge bull walked right by me I put three arrows in it and still manage to get with in 5 yards of me before I climbed a huge rock and by the way when I dropped my bow a screamed like a little girl the game warden happened by and I was the talk of the town for about three weeks

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have had the luxury of eating moose, elk, bison and deer.

I will take bison over anything, then elk, then moose and then deer.

Deer is only good for kubasas, pepperoni and jerky. :)

I second that, and in the exact same order!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MY elk story I was hunting with my Bro and a huge bull walked right by me I put three arrows in it and still manage to get with in 5 yards of me before I climbed a huge rock and by the way when I dropped my bow a screamed like a little girl the game warden happened by and I was the talk of the town for about three weeks

:lfao: :lfao: :lfao:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Huh?-a muzzle loader is perfect, and a bow is doable. Why in the world would you even consider a full-auto anything?:confused:

If it's a joke, as a hunter, a firearm enthusiast, as well as a full-on, full-auto junkie;it's not funny.:tantrum:

Oh, wah wah wah.

Get the **** over yourself. And sign it next time.

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Those stories are funny, lol. We have herds of elk here too just like that. They are beautiful creatures, and hunting is so much fun long as it's not with your vehicle. That tends to be quite expensive.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why in the world would you even consider a full-auto anything?:confused:

And to answer your question, You need full auto to take down the whole herd. That was my point. I was making a joke, in response to Bigshadows comment about how much meat that herd was... the same way I stated they were a road hazard.

Difference is, you would actually kill them, and *I* dont hunt helpless animals. Which one of us is ****ing wrong here pal?

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They were a road hazard, actually - we went up to Estes Park for a while, and when we came back, there was a car facing west in the eastbound lane with a shattered windshield, and another car in the ditch... the herd had, for obvious reasons, retreated from the road. I think it must have been just the cars, though, because I didn't see any signs of injured elk or blood on the snow.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to answer your question, You need full auto to take down the whole herd. That was my point. I was making a joke, in response to Bigshadows comment about how much meat that herd was... the same way I stated they were a road hazard.

Well, as kacye pointed out, they are a road hazard, and will do one helluva job on the car of a driver careless (or unlucky) enough to hit them.

On the other hand, killing the whole herd is also not something to joke about at all....

Difference is, you would actually kill them, and *I* dont hunt helpless animals. Which one of us is ****ing wrong here pal?

Well, it certainly isn't me. I'd hardly call them completely helpless-while they're not actually much of a threat, they're hardly easy to kill...and, as I've said elsewhere, I don't buy much in the way of meat: raise my own chickens, turkeys and rabbits-they're helpless, but I kill them-and hunt deer and elk. Don't want to turn Kacey's cool photo thread
into one on the merits and drawbacks of hunting, but I think I'm a lot less wrong than I would be buying my meat pre-butchered and wrapped in plastic-of course, that's just me......

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod Note

Attention All Users

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Pamela Piszczek
MT Sr. Moderator

Latest Discussions