Continuing training / chi sao by your self!

Jelik

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, thought I'd vent some frustration...

My teacher lives overseas, and I have pretty much no one in NZ (that is closer than 8 hours away!) to really learn more from - and practice chi sao.

Love to hear your thoughts, or if you have been / are in a similar situation. What did you do?

Currently, I practice the forms, train a group of beginners once a week, and try to host a seminar a few times a year (that costs me a damn bundle) - I pay for my Sifu to fly over, pay his expenses etc, and try to re-coop as much as I can from part of the seminar.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you're ready to teach, you're in tough shape! Can you advertise in a local paper for a workout buddy who also knows Wing Chun?

OP
J

Jelik

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I currently teach a small beginners class - it started out for this very reason - to have someone to train with!

But I think that the wooden dummy is a very good idea, visit my teacher when it is suitable (to get more stuff / get told what I need to work on before getting new stuff), and continue training with these others. As I get better, I can help improve them I guess...

Thanks for your thoughts.

Latest Discussions