Jeet Kune

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am posting this thread to try and find out if any other Wing Chunners out there practice an excercise called Jeet Kune??? or if you have heard of it.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
bcbernam777 said:
I am posting this thread to try and find out if any other Wing Chunners out there practice an excercise called Jeet Kune??? or if you have heard of it.
I thought this would be about jeet kune do (JKD). Its possible that i practice the excercise, by a different name or a different pronounciation. The amount of differences i have come accross in pronounciation and spelling makes me not unable to say for sure. Could you describe the excersise?

OP
bcbernam777

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The drill is more of a concept in action so can take on a few different forms, the main form I have been taught by Sifu Fung is 2 oponants stand facing each other:

Person A) Starts to chain punch
Person B) intercepts those chain punches using Whu Sau and then follows that energy deflecting the incoming force of the punches whilst moving in closer and closer, as close as they can get to the oponants confinced area, they then move back outside of the confind area, the process is repeated until person "A" starts to burn on the shoulders the excercise is immediatly stop and the oponants swap roles.

The purpose fo the excercise for the person punching is to test their stance and to get their shoulder loose by utilissing the correct energy, the purpose for person B is to learn how to simply follow and then direct their oponants force, and how to use that to get the advantage, and intercept and move into the enemy's confined area

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah we have drills that train along those principles, not exactly the same but the same ideas are focussed on.

Latest Discussions