Conor Mcgregor may box mayweather

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he does sign it will be because he's greedy, if he fights he won't go full gas, it needs to be over a few rounds else those who have paid to watch will feel cheated. It's basically a cynical exercise in making money. Conor has far less money than Mayweather so win or lose it's in his interest, a nice fat bank account. Mayweather of course could have that ego thing where he can't resist thinking he's invulnerable even in later age. Ah well, c'est la vie. :D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's what I said.

One party has signed, the other never will. How do you disagree my post then say the same thing?
Says dana white who said only a few weeks ago he didn't think it'll ever happen. Don't believe everything you read online

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mayweather actually has a big reason to make this fight happen. It literally is the only fight that people will probably pay big money to watch him again after the Pacquiao fiasco. Money Mayweather stands to make hundreds of millions if this fight happens and he will be a heavy, heavy favorite!

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mayweather actually has a big reason to make this fight happen. It literally is the only fight that people will probably pay big money to watch him again after the Pacquiao fiasco. Money Mayweather stands to make hundreds of millions if this fight happens and he will be a heavy, heavy favorite!
He's already got more than enough money, money's no issue for him

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I live in Las Vegas and Mayweather well let's just say that no amount of money is enough for him. He stands to make hundreds of millions on this fight. That is why is probably will happen.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Conor is very good at closing distance and has the touch of death in his left hand.

Enough to beat Floyd? Probably not, but Floyd ain't signing, so it's all acedemic :)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mayweather by unanimous decision (118-110)
Agreed. I honestly don't understand how people think mcgreggor wins. He's an amateur boxer nothing more than that. Mayweather is the best of the best in boxing. Mcgreggor struggled to fight 25 minutes against a journeyman lightweight. So how's he going to hold up for 36 minutes against a top level fighter. Plus he's limiting his weapons. He can't kick, he can't knee, he can't elbow and he can't clinch and he can't takedown. It's not going to be exciting at all.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed. I honestly don't understand how people think mcgreggor wins. He's an amateur boxer nothing more than that. Mayweather is the best of the best in boxing. Mcgreggor struggled to fight 25 minutes against a journeyman lightweight. So how's he going to hold up for 36 minutes against a top level fighter. Plus he's limiting his weapons. He can't kick, he can't knee, he can't elbow and he can't clinch and he can't takedown. It's not going to be exciting at all.

Smart business move for Connor.

I'm a Connor fan but Mayweather is an all time great and you are entering his arena.

Latest Discussions