Conor Mcgregor may box mayweather

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So this isn't just a stupid rumour this is being reporter by a lot of legitimate sites. That they're going to have a boxing match. If it does happen it's the stupidest idea ever, mcgregor couldn't even beat Diaz on the feet let alone an undefeated world champion. Mcgregor boxing mayweather is the equivalent to James toney fighting mma. 2 different sports why doesn't the clown just defend his title instead of these freak show fights.

Edit: forgot to post the link

Report: Mayweather and McGregor in negotiations for mega-money boxing fight

Last edited:

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
(...) why doesn't the clown just defend his title instead of these freak show fights.
"Mega-money" is the likely answer.
But, if I were Irish, I would go back to my 'kingdom'... and be quiet for a while (a few wins)...
I read somewhere Mayweather also talking about big-money fights...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ain't ever going to happen. And McGregor is damn lucky it ain't.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sure, why not. I'm up to seeing McGregor get his *** kicked again. He's a nobody.
Absolutely I can't stand the guy he thinks he is the UFC. The ufc has been around long before him it'll be around long after everyone's forgets his name. I'm so sick of hearing about him people saying he's the greatest ever. He beat a bunch of journeyman to get the shot got dominated by a late replacement in mendes before his cardio screwed him. Won the title with a good punch but that was one punch it doesn't prove that he could beat Aldo every time (e.g Velasquez vs dos santos, Gsp vs Serra) then moved up in weight and lost now he's to scared to do promotion against the guy who best him and refuses to defend his title.

Rayrob

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Muhammad Ali once fought a Japanese wrestler while he was world champion which resulted in a 15 round draw. So I guess anything could happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Muhammad Ali once fought a Japanese wrestler while he was world champion which resulted in a 15 round draw. So I guess anything could happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol...that fight is on YouTube. Check it out. It's a riot, but I wouldn't say Ali won. They actually changed the rules of tha bout IN the fight.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol...that fight is on YouTube. Check it out. It's a riot, but I wouldn't say Ali won. They actually changed the rules of tha bout IN the fight.
Let's be honest that fight was not legitimate

Rayrob

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How very dare you! Next thing you will be saying that Pro wrestling is fixed.

MMAexamined

White Belt
Reaction score
I saw today this fight is very serious according to The Sun.

"MAY" just became even bigger.

But I believe it could happen in some point. Conor likes money a lot :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Mega-money" is the likely answer.
But, if I were Irish, I would go back to my 'kingdom'... and be quiet for a while (a few wins)...
I read somewhere Mayweather also talking about big-money fights...

Ireland isn't a kingdom, it's very much a republic.

I saw today this fight is very serious according to The Sun.

"MAY" just became even bigger.

But I believe it could happen in some point. Conor likes money a lot :D

'The Sun' hasn't printed a true story since it's inception. It's known for lying.

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mayweather is now a promoter. Promoters will say just about anything to bring attention to their promotions. Nothing is impossible, but I would believe this one when we see it. It would be ridiculous for McGregor to fight him in a boxing match, except for the size of the paycheck.

The one thing that so many people forget when they say that Boxing and MMA are seperate sports, and that is the fact that a Boxer has nothing in his arsenal restricted. He can do everything that he normally does, he just has to deal defensively against many more elements. You may not do very well, especially on an elite level, but there is nothing in MMA rules to keep a boxer from using everything in boxing. Now, it may be a poor strategy for a boxer to clinch with a high level Wrestler or Judoka when he gets tired, but everything in Boxing is allowed in MMA.

The original intent of MMA/NHB competitions like the UFC were to allow fighters from different combat sports to meet on neutral ground with the least restrictions with still a measure of safety for the sport and athletes. When people used to say Mayweather would win in Boxing and Rousy would win I'm MMA, that was not really the proper comparison. The accurate comparison would be Rousy in a Judo match with Mayweather in a Boxing match. Now, let's move to neutral ground in MMA and both can use their full skill set.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually think this may happen. This is the only "big payday" Money Mayweather can get at this point. I certainly would not pay for a Pacquiao/Mayweather II. However, on curiosity alone I would buy a McGregor/Mayweather fight and invite friends over and have a party. It will be a boxing match though as no way Mayweather would ever do anything else and Connar would really have almost no chance of winning. Still, it would be a circus and interesting...

Dana White would probably give the okay as well if the UFC is given enough money in the deal. I would see some kind of split like $300,000,000 Mayweaher, $100,000,000 UFC, $10,000,000 McGregor.

DonnieBravo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So this isn't just a stupid rumour this is being reporter by a lot of legitimate sites. That they're going to have a boxing match. If it does happen it's the stupidest idea ever, mcgregor couldn't even beat Diaz on the feet let alone an undefeated world champion. Mcgregor boxing mayweather is the equivalent to James toney fighting mma. 2 different sports why doesn't the clown just defend his title instead of these freak show fights.

Edit: forgot to post the link

Report: Mayweather and McGregor in negotiations for mega-money boxing fight

As a Mayweather fan or as a McGregor fan do you think if the fight was fought under MMA rules, would McGregor win this easily? or am I just dreaming?

I read Mike Tyson saying something, "If the rules of boxing are followed, Mayweather would easily win.."

Mayweather Vs. McGregor