Congratulations to Hanshi Charles Martin!

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just a quick note for all of the Seido folks out there, and the old school Kyokushin folks as well. Shuseki Shihan Charles Martin has been awarded his 8th Dan in Seido karate, and is now Hanshi :D Hanshi Charles is an astounding martial artist, and a wonderful human being.

Congratulations Hanshi Charles!

Osu!!

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, congradulations. If memory serves me right, Hanshi Charles Martin and Master William Oliver were dojo mates back in the 70's in Kyokushinkai. I also believe they where in that Kyokushinkai promotional documentary, "fighting black knights". Anyone remember that one.

OP
jim777

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, congradulations. If memory serves me right, Hanshi Charles Martin and Master William Oliver were dojo mates back in the 70's in Kyokushinkai. I also believe they where in that Kyokushinkai promotional documentary, "fighting black knights". Anyone remember that one.

They were indeed both in "Fighting Black Kings"

Last edited by a moderator:

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
I loved that movie even though it was basically a promo for Kyokushinkai and a shot at kung fu stylist. Still the training segments and demo's were good. It inspired me to train harder. That was back when Ninomiya,Nakamura, Ashihara and the others were still with the Kyokushinkai. Love the flying side kick over the car!!

They were indeed both in "Fighting Black Kings"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions