Completely Confused...

Myles_Lonell

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new here. First post :) ! I just started going to a school in Lebanon, Oregon. I am trying to find some background/history and any information I can get about this... on their business card, it says "In Association with American Schools Shao-Lin Kempo" At the bottom, it has three solid black bars. I don't know anything about Martial Arts or it's "lingo". So I am completely lost. If anyone could give me a rundown of some "lingo" and maybe some sites to research my school's style, that would be great. I will probably go speak with my teacher soon, it's just hard to find time between work, so I thought I would try here first! Thanks everyone, and it's nice to meet you all!!!!
Myles Williams

p.s. I know that there are other schools like mine in Salem, Dallas, McMinnville, and a few other places in Oregon. Thanks for the help.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Myles_Lonell said:
Hi everyone! I am new here. First post :) ! I just started going to a school in Lebanon, Oregon. I am trying to find some background/history and any information I can get about this... on their business card, it says "In Association with American Schools Shao-Lin Kempo" At the bottom, it has three solid black bars. I don't know anything about Martial Arts or it's "lingo". So I am completely lost. If anyone could give me a rundown of some "lingo" and maybe some sites to research my school's style, that would be great. I will probably go speak with my teacher soon, it's just hard to find time between work, so I thought I would try here first! Thanks everyone, and it's nice to meet you all!!!!
Myles Williams

p.s. I know that there are other schools like mine in Salem, Dallas, McMinnville, and a few other places in Oregon. Thanks for the help.

First off - Welcome to Martial Talk!

Second, I don't know about the specific school that you mentioned, although others might, but the system of Shaolin Kenpo Karate was founded by Grandmaster Fred Villari, a somewhat controversial figure in the martial art's world, but recognized by a number on this board who've met him as a pretty good black belt.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have only seen ads for Mr. Vallari's tapes in Black Belt Magazine I wish I could be of more help.

Welcome to Martial Talk.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Myles_Lonell said:
Myles Williams

Welcome to Martial Talk!:)

As for your question...perhaps you could give us a little more info. on this school, such as name of the school, name of the instructor, type of Martial Art offered, etc. Having this info. we could provide you with more assistance.:)

Mike

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the group.

I have a friend of mine in Lebanon John Patton owns an ATA school down there. Dave Leverich is also an instructor. But that's a TKD school.

OP
M

Myles_Lonell

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for trying everyone! My instructors name is Mr. Jourdan Evans.

Hmmm... I will try to dig a little furthur into my schools info and let you know if I come up with anything else. Thanks again!
Myles

Latest Discussions