Complete Breath

B

Battousai

I've been reading Yogi Ramacharaka's Science of Breath and was wondering if anyone could help me out with the Yogi Complete Breath.
(Just in case- I don't believe much of anything in that book regarding spirituallity, but I do value its take on breathing.)

Ok, so the complete breath starts with the diaphragm moving outward, breathing in through the nose. Then once you have gone as far out as possible you pull the diaphragm back inward some and breath in as much as possible to full up the upper portion of the chest. Then you exhale slowly out the nose.

This is of course using the complete breath to breath in as much as possible, not for normal breathing. I've read the part of the book on the complete breath a couple of times, and this is about all I get out of it. Can anyone help me to better understand it?

As well, does anyone have some advice for developing the habit of normal everyday nose breathing?

Does anyone know some cool ways of implementing the complete breath in kata training? (breathing out of the mouth I assume)

Latest Discussions