coming to dinner

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you had a choice to bring three TKD people to dinner who would it be and why them. They can be past or present.
Terry

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My 1st instructor Master Yun Kil Kim, G/M Won Kuk Lee (founder of Chung Do Kwon) & G/M Ed Sell, my current instructor. That would be fun.

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Desi my old kungfu instructer, tom, my old karate instructer, and my current instructer. THAT would be fun lol

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Easy, Daniel , Jessica and Karina. My three children in TKD . They are in New Mexico while I'm working in Washington DC....haven't seemt hem in a month

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Easy, Daniel , Jessica and Karina. My three children in TKD . They are in New Mexico while I'm working in Washington DC....haven't seemt hem in a month

Fearless I hope you'll be able to see them soon.

Terry

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto FF, hope you see them for Christmas.

I would also like to see my family, who were all once in TKD, around the table at Christmas. But one is in Phoenix, too busy with her BF and won't accept a paid ticket. Oh, well-2 out of 3. But Master Stoker, I would invite you, but I expect you to be spending it with your family as well! TW

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tw thank you, I'm honored just to be mention by you. I would invite everybody from MT as one and the other would be Grand Master Gin Kim my old and wise instructor and My father God rest his soul, for not for him I would be a meer glimmer of the man I am today.
Thank you TW.
Terry

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I have plane tickets home for the weekend of New Years and also the first weekend in Feb so that's good.

Other than that though, I don't really know anyone 'known' in TKD to have dinner with.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd go with:

1. GM Jae Hun Kim, my 1st TKD instructor
2. Dr. He-Young Kimm, Just because I think he is an amazing MA-ist and would welcome the opportunity to speak with him
3. Mr. Michael Duffy – Mr. Duffy has been a mentor to me in the world of MA and introduced me to Han Mu Do (founded by Dr. He-Young Kimm). He’s just a great person whom I am proud to call a friend.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree. I'd invite the MT crew and have a BBQ!

But if it were just three, I would pick my old TSD instructor (He was a whoot out of uniform ... still is), my best friend (who is an instructor at a sister school), and my jujitsu instructor ..... Wait. I had them over for dinner a few times (except my TSD instructor) already.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting question Terry!

Jay, glad to hear you are going home for the holidays-it must be hard to be away at this time of the year.

I guess if I could only limit it to 3, I would have my instructor, his instructor GM LEE, Sa Man, and his instructor, GM LEE, Won Kuk.

I kind of like the idea of a BBQ (mind whirling, albeit slowly due to lack of caffeine.....)

Miles

Latest Discussions