Comic book hero Iron Fist next to get Marvel movie treatment

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never was a big fan of Iron Fist or of Luke Cage, but we all have our favorites. Personally I was hoping for a Daredevil 2, as he was always one of my favorites..

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could be good, I like marvel comics but never read much Iron Fist. Didn`t like his costume I guess. The first marvel MA-characters in the movies (Daredevil, Elektra) didn`t turn out too well but Black Widow in Iron Man 2 was pretty good. Hope this one gets made right.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The first marvel MA-characters in the movies (Daredevil, Elektra) didn`t turn out too well but Black Widow in Iron Man 2 was pretty good. Hope this one gets made right.

Yeah, it could have been done better.It was a hell of a lot better than DD's first appearence in The Incredible Hulk (TV series).

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Cool

A movie about Lemmy Kilmister and motorhead :D

Motorhead-Iron-Fist-391499.jpg

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
. The first marvel MA-characters in the movies (Daredevil, Elektra) didn`t turn out too well but Black Widow in Iron Man 2 was pretty good. Hope this one gets made right.

Actually, Spiderman came before Daredevil and Elektra, but Blade came first.....(And there was a Fantastic Four in the eighties, but it really, really sucked-as in put in a can, never released, and dropped in the Marianas Trench "sucked"......not that the new ones were much better...:lol:)

Oh....loved Iron Fist when I was a kid, and Luke Cage....heartbroken when 'Fist was killed.....

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it could have been done better.It was a hell of a lot better than DD's first appearence in The Incredible Hulk (TV series).

We can always hope DD will appear and kick Peter Parker`s butt in Spiderman 4 ;)

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually, Spiderman came before Daredevil and Elektra, but Blade came first.....(And there was a Fantastic Four in the eighties, but it really, really sucked-as in put in a can, never released, and dropped in the Marianas Trench "sucked"......not that the new ones were much better...:lol:)

Yep Blade was pretty good, don`t count Spiderman as a MA-based character tho. There was also a Punisher movie back in 89 starring Dolph Lundgren where he got to fight samurai.. pretty bad.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I scanned through a compilation of the Iron Fist comics run from a few years ago. Looked like a pretty good story with basically a 'Blood Sport' type martial arts tournament between all the various champions. I think that could be a great movie if they just adapted the story correctly.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never liked Iron First, but then I'm not much of a Marvel fan. You could tell the character was being written by people who have never practiced a martial art in their life, just stuff they didn't know and talked about was totally insane and off the wall ... kinda like some of those ninja web sites.

I have no confidence it will be any good either. Marvel is now owned by Disney so it won't be suitably violent or brutal. Not to say Marvel won't maintain their own identity, but the last great martial artist superhero they released really sucked too (Daredevil).

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Marvel is now owned by Disney so it won't be suitably violent or brutal. Not to say Marvel won't maintain their own identity, but the last great martial artist superhero they released really sucked too (Daredevil).

Getting an "R" rating is the kiss of death for movies that hope to be blockbuster hits. We'll never see an un-sanitized Iron Fist movie.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Davedevil was just a bad movie, rating had nothing to do with it. We could also look at Disney's try at a Kung Fu movie in Around The World In 80 Days which starred Jackie Chan, had Sammo Hung as Wong Fei Hong and a bunch of other legendary characters from Kung Fu history. It wasnt bad, but it wasn't great either. It was just ... there.

But as I said, Disney could run Marvel as a separate entity like how they treat New Line Cinema, Touchstone Pictures, etc where they can technically get away with some pretty brutal stuff and not sully the clean Disney name.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
.....(And there was a Fantastic Four in the eighties, but it really, really sucked-as in put in a can, never released, and dropped in the Marianas Trench "sucked"......not that the new ones were much better...:lol:)

There was also a Punisher movie back in 89 starring Dolph Lundgren where he got to fight samurai.. pretty bad.

Saw the pix of that Fantasic 4 movie when they were doing an interview with Stan Lee, wasn't inpressed.Saw that Punisher movie, also not impressed.

I never forgave Hollywood for what they did to Doc Savage in that movie starring Ron Ely, the TV series Tarzan..

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
The first FF movie was fun. It was a Roger Corman movie, you don't get big budget spectacle from him, you get shlock. You can find copies floating around if you care to look, I got a copy on DVD a couple years ago at NY Comic Con.

The Dolph Punisher movie was cool for what it was. An action movie that just so happened to have a guy named Frank Castle in it. Besdies, to me he looked like the then current version of Punisher being drawn by Jim Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I liked Iron Fist as I followed the story from the beginning and thus got in to it. Hopefully the movie will turn out good... if not GREAT.
I'd like to see a Shang Chi Hands Of Kung Fu movie made... but the story has GOT to be a very good one if people don't want to draw comparisons to the T.V. show which I felt (reading the comic) was pretty parallel.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
I used to rad the old old Iron Fist comics as well as Powerman and Ironfist.

There were some good stories in there, especially when they went to Kun lun.

I'm hoping it's good, Iron man was my favorite marvel movie so far. Never thought RDjr would play the role so well.

Latest Discussions