Comet Elenin... the Red Dragon??

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2010_X1

so Like any other strange occurance, things get hyped up.
I have seen all kinds of crazy youtube videos, and write ups about the comet discovered last year by Leonid Elenin... I think it was Dec 2010 that it was discovered.
Apparantly it is driving all kinds of crazy speculation.
I find it intriguing how people can connect dots, and run with a theory..

the projections are the comet will pass between Earth and the Sun, and possibly have the Earth pass through the tail of the comet..
to much guessing at this point, and trajectories can be altered still by asteroid belts, and other factors.
I was curious for entertainment purposes what people have on this..
I have watched several youtube videos talkin gabout htis being the 2012 end of the world, to comparisons to the blue and red dragon.... planet X... revelations.... etc.etc..
what do you think?

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2010_X1

so Like any other strange occurance, things get hyped up.
I have seen all kinds of crazy youtube videos, and write ups about the comet discovered last year by Leonid Elenin... I think it was Dec 2010 that it was discovered.
Apparantly it is driving all kinds of crazy speculation.
I find it intriguing how people can connect dots, and run with a theory..

the projections are the comet will pass between Earth and the Sun, and possibly have the Earth pass through the tail of the comet..
to much guessing at this point, and trajectories can be altered still by asteroid belts, and other factors.
I was curious for entertainment purposes what people have on this..
I have watched several youtube videos talkin gabout htis being the 2012 end of the world, to comparisons to the blue and red dragon.... planet X... revelations.... etc.etc..
what do you think?

This is so stupid. A FB friend of mine was posting videos ( saying how these alignments are causing the earthquakes etc. ) on this and I was politely commenting on them. I tried to explain how these ideas are easily falsifiable through real science. I was then labeled close minded by everyone. Unbelievable

There's no hope for the future with superstition lingering.

OP
LuckyKBoxer

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is so stupid. A FB friend of mine was posting videos ( saying how these alignments are causing the earthquakes etc. ) on this and I was politely commenting on them. I tried to explain how these ideas are easily falsifiable through real science. I was then labeled close minded by everyone. Unbelievable

There's no hope for the future with superstition lingering.

ya thats how i got turned onto this as well..
someone psoted this video from a girl who was freaking out telling people to run for the hills....a couple days before the Japan Quake..
I commented that I predict quakes 365 days a year and am often correct..
and that I also had a broken watch that was correct twice a day...
they didnt like my skepticism I guess... /shrug

OP
LuckyKBoxer

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That would actually create some truly awesome meteor showers. Not to be missed.

ya most of the professional Astronomy type websites are predicting an incredible show if it happens...

most of the more Revelation type of sites with a astronomy bend are going Armaggedon on and on about it..
its quite amusing.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I need to rent "Night of the Comet"

LOL