combat escrima

combatescrima

White Belt
Reaction score
i used to work as a bouncer, in many clubs in Hamburg and in Berlin-Germany.
i also have a combat escrima school in berlin.
and now, i m going to write a book about selfdefence.
what would you like to read in this kind of book?
and have a look at my new trailer, that you know what i m doin:

cheers

michel

Last edited by a moderator:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Certainly hearing stories about how you used Eskrima in bouncing oer other self-defense situations would be good!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Certainly hearing stories about how you used Eskrima in bouncing oer other self-defense situations would be good!
I gotta agree with this. A self defense book written from the POV of an Eskrima practitioner would be fascinating.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you are writing a book for American readers, I'd like to read about what the "rougher side of the tracks" is like in Germany. By the way, is your "Combat Escrima" related to what Rene Latosa and Bill Newman taught through the EWTO? I'm a "retired" practitioner of WT and Rene's PMAS Combat Escrima, from before the time a lot of politics messed things up. Anyway, good luck with the book!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

That would be interesting!

I will say that I genuinely enjoy watching your promo trailer every time that I see it!
icon14.gif

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
That was an excellent video Michel, love the music and the moves, nothing wasted, everything with a purpose.

I think a book would be a darn good idea, I agree with hearing about some of the rougher parts of Germany's club scenes and the philosphy that you use (when you were talking about it in the beginning). Very well put together.

I would have personally banged his head on that cement pillar and not my car LOL (just joking).

Reaction score
I've heard Jeff Espinous tell stories of his days as a bouncer in Germany, some interesing stuff. I'm sure you probably have some stories that compare.