Anyone here from Berlin?

ryen

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

the day after tomorrow i'm leaving for Berlin for two weeks. However, i don't really want to go two weeks without training, and instead of just training alone, i was hoping i could visit some club in Berlin and see how things happen down there. I am from Copenhagen, Denmark myself, and have trained Son Taekwondo for about 1.5 years (8th Kup). Son Taekwondo differs a bit from normal Taekwondo, but the details would take too long to explain. To sum it up though, one could say that we focus a lot on the traditional aspects of Taekwondo and the Korean culture, and not so much the sports (olympic) aspect. We do train fighting to some degree, but it is really not what we focus on mainly. Also our head instructor (Benny Olesen - 6th Dan. Sabumnin) has mixed the traditional Taekwondo aspects with the knowledge he has collected throughout his lifetime, including a lot of what he learned by practicing Hapkido. All in all, i would say that it's a very friendly, and very open style. All that said, i would not mind trying out a more fighting-oriented club, just for the sake of trying it. In any case, it would be great to hear from someone living in Berlin!

Oh, and by the way, i am fluent in German, as i spent the first ten years of my life there (i am now 19).

Cheers, and thanks in advance,
Martin

Latest Discussions