Columnist Fired 4 Reviewing Downloaded Movie

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As everyone knows, the movie "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was available to download from the internet about 2 weeks ago. The movie isn't due to hit theatres until May 1. Someone (internally of course) leaked out a Workinprint DVD Screener of the movie.

Well a columnist for FoxNews.com downloaded it and did a early review on the moive. He was later fired for it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10213766-93.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If he had only reported that it was available on the Net as a news item then I think that'd be reasonable. But to "review" an illicitly-gained, half-finished movie does seem inappropriate and worthy of some level of reprimand.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He works for Fox News, which is already pretty pro-corporate rights to begin with, and downloads an illegal copy of a movie from 20th Century Fox. What did he think was going to happen?

AoCAdam

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ya I an not surprised at all that he was fired for reviewing a downloaded movie from Fox Searchlight Pictures. I wonder if there was any thought in his head that he would receive such repercussions for it?

dnovice

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He did it to himself. His actions condone downloading illegal movies. That said, Wolverine was an awesomeeeeeeeeee movie. 5 thumbs up.

i can't be fired from here right???