Colors in the Etheric field?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some view the etheric body as being smokey-white and undulating, others claim there is a tint to this field. I'm also aware of others who see the etheric as being part of a prism surrounding the body, that the etheric and auric fields follow gradations of color.

Those of you who have ability to sense etheric fields, what is your perception?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What is an etheric field? Is sensing this feild something anyone can do or something you are born with?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't done much research into the Etheric field but if memory serves me correctly it is, in simple terms, the bodies energy field. Many practitioners of Reiki can see the bodies energy field and see where it is "hurt or harmed" thus being able to help heal their wounds.

At least that is what I remember, I may be mixing it up with something else, however.

Shesulsa, am I close? :idunno:

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The "inner aura" which is closest to the actual physical body always appears as a kind of pearly-ish white color to me...

davemitchel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I see the etheric body as a very light grey and then on the outside of the etheric body, the first layer of aura colour, which differs from person to person. My son is gold, I have a pale indigo colour and so forth and so forth. Having said that, I see an additional colour around the head which differ from the the first auric colour, but lets not get complicated.

I cannot usually physically see the rest of the colours of the aura. When I do, it is spontaneous and normally not more than an extra one or two colours.

I never try and see the auric colours of others without permission because it is an intrusion in their privacy.

Peace
Dave

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to see other people's aura you need to relax and let go. Try not looking directly at the person but slightly off to the side. I enjoy watching priests auras when they are giving a sermon. That is a very simple way to pick up an aura and it is fairly easy to do as they are passionate about what they are saying. Getting to a higher level with it takes some more relaxing and practice. Everyone can do this with a little practice it really is not that hard. However it helps to have someone teach you.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your answers. I've never heard of this before...or at least I've heard similar claims but they were always psuedoscience. Where does this knowledge come from? Is this a Reiki thing or is it something else?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use your bowser and type in auric sensing. You will get quite a few hits.
It is in Reiki, shamanic traditions, christianity, etc. You will find it in my opinion in all religions and healing traditions.

While I am not a free soul person some of Pete A. Sanders Jr. books are pretty good for beginners.
http://freesoul.net/

I had the fortune to be taught by a relative. From there it is just practice and experience. Wish I could help more.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Use your bowser and type in auric sensing. You will get quite a few hits.

I tried, but I didn't know what I was looking for in particular, so I felt that I couldn't sift the wheat from the chaff.

It is in Reiki, shamanic traditions, christianity, etc. You will find it in my opinion in all religions and healing traditions.

While I am not a free soul person some of Pete A. Sanders Jr. books are pretty good for beginners.
http://freesoul.net/

I had the fortune to be taught by a relative. From there it is just practice and experience. Wish I could help more.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the resource.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IMO these beliefs "work" in the sense that it is used as an imagery tool for relaxation and the very physical (vs. spiritual) effect it has on the bodies systems.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
IMO these beliefs "work" in the sense that it is used as an imagery tool for relaxation and the very physical (vs. spiritual) effect it has on the bodies systems.

Kind of like an "induced" placebo effect? Real in the mind, but not physically real?

buyu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
glenn j morris has a book called path notes of an american ninja master and it has exercises that help with the development of this gift this might help with the development of it and explaining its applications for a martial arts practitioner

Latest Discussions