CNN footage of UFO at Obama Inauguration

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, here's the raw CNN footage. Thing was haulin' ***! I'm trying to work out a proper calc now........

It was Xenu-looking for parking for the Inaugural Ball......:lfao:

Attachments

• $Xenu.jpg
    $Xenu.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So has there been a 'sensible' explaination of this yet or is it still in the arena of speculation?

It was certainly an intriguing bit of footage - I have to say it put me in mind of watching cruise missiles flying down the streets in Bagdhad in the Gulf War Part 1

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think it is far away from the camera, but right up next to the lens. It's funny that everyone is making calculations on its size and speed based on it being the width of the Washington Monument. It's more likely to be a small bug than a big bird.

ManOnCokejpg.jpg

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I don't think it is far away from the camera, but right up next to the lens. It's funny that everyone is making calculations on its size and speed based on it being the width of the Washington Monument. It's more likely to be a small bug than a big bird.

It clearly flies behind the monument. Doesn't mean it's not some sort of artifiact of the video, though....

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It clearly flies behind the monument. Doesn't mean it's not some sort of artifiact of the video, though....

I've watched it a few times and I disagree. It appears to me to be in front of the monument. The guy narrating one of the youtube videos trying to sell it as "not a bird" also says it is in front of the monument.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just to show that almost anything can be interpreted many ways, when I saw a freeze frame from the video it looked to me as if part was behind and part was in front :lol:.

Do we know if the footage was video or digital? That makes a difference to us techno-geeks as it rules out certain medium based artifacts.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's almost certainly not a bug, given the temperature conditions on The Mall on Tuesday. However, I suspect the explanation is rather prosaic...

Could be a UAV or something along those lines. Could be an aircraft shadow, too. For those wondering about sound... I kind of suspect that particular camera probably didn't have any audio paired with it, at least at that moment. After all, they were broadcasting the talking head dialogue, not the crowd noise.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My first thought was that it was a UAV camera drone too, JKS.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ya'll don't know nothing do you?
Obviously the real Bush left the planet leaving behind it's android version of it's self behind to say "goodbye" and get on the helicopter and pretend to fly down to Texas where it'll be beamed up later.
The aliens have effectively achieved their objective by screwing up the economy which would lead to total collapse and they can return for their inevitable take-over.

Sigh... they have eyes yet they do not see.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So this moving thing, whatever it is, is the only thing moving, while the people on the ground and the trees are standing absolutely stock still, even when the video is sped up?

Um...what am I missing? If I'm supposed to be impressed...sorry....

:BSmeter:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not seeing it... :idunno:

Maybe my eyes really stink :lol:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look at the raw CNN footage in the link in this post

(slight enhancement also makes it pretty clear that it flies behind the monument...)

Do you mean in front of the monument. ;)

Unless the ufo has some sort of technology that allows us to see it through objects. Or, the monument is the thing with the alien technology!

I still think it is more likely to something up close than something far away and forced perspective (or our desire for LGM) makes it appear otherwise.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean in front of the monument. ;)

Unless the ufo has some sort of technology that allows us to see it through objects. Or, the monument is the thing with the alien technology!

I still think it is more likely to something up close than something far away and forced perspective (or our desire for LGM) makes it appear otherwise.
The simple thing, to me, is that there were nearly 2 million people. And it was apparently after (or maybe before, using an early copy of the speech) the ceremony, so there wasn't a lot for them to be looking at...

And nobody's reported it, apparently, except from CNN's footage.

That suggests to me that it was either very apparent for what it was and it was normal, or it was something visible only to CNN's cameras (suggesting that it was something prosaic in nature). With the media and other coverage... I can't believe anything could have moved -- especially in that particular airspace -- without it being documented by dozens of cameras and eyewitnesses.