CLF - One and done!

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK...I went to check out a CLF class last night and all I can say is I'M HOOKED!

What an amazing experience. As weird as it sounds, after a long time in no-man's land, I feel like I found my art. What's really amazing is the opportunity came from nowhere. It was something I was not really considering but man am I glad I made the call.

Amazing! Truly amazing!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good for you! What kind of things did you practice--forms, techniques, sensitivity drills...?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time!
icon14.gif

OP
Yeti

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good for you! What kind of things did you practice--forms, techniques, sensitivity drills...?
Pretty much all of the above. Techniques/sets, stances/stepping and sensitivity drills. I got to watch some of the sparring too which was really great - much different that I'm used to.

Thanks.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's cool. The biggest thing I can offer is to not get in to the politics too much, loosen your waist & shoulders & listen... that'll get you way down the road in CLF.

Enjoy!

OP
Yeti

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
That's cool. The biggest thing I can offer is to not get in to the politics too much, loosen your waist & shoulders & listen... that'll get you way down the road in CLF.

Enjoy!
Thanks. Will do.
I may some trouble initially with the waist/shoulder thing but I'm sure I'll get there. Seeing the instructor move last night was eye-opening in that regard. Relaxed power. It was cool to watch.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, Yeti! I know that feeling (different art, tho), and there's nothing like it. Enjoy!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy to hear you have found a home for your training. Enjoy the experence and keep us updated on how it is going

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK...I went to check out a CLF class last night and all I can say is I'M HOOKED!

What an amazing experience. As weird as it sounds, after a long time in no-man's land, I feel like I found my art. What's really amazing is the opportunity came from nowhere. It was something I was not really considering but man am I glad I made the call.

Amazing! Truly amazing!

I know the feeling. Congratulations!

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Amazing! Truly amazing!

CLF is a great kung fu style. It's only going to get better. Best of luck in your training.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Similarly glad he's found a new home.

OTOH, I'm in love with that quote from your sig.... :D
Where'd you find it?

Pete

Thanks. heh heh That one was courtesy of my daughter. Don't where she found it but it made me LMAO!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, this Tigress thing runs in the family, huh? :EG:

Remind me not to cross you--or your daughter. :ultracool
LOL! My daughter is a real firecracker with an evil sense of humor. :D

Sorry to hijack your thread Yeti. Please let us know how your next class went. :)

jow yeroc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
But in this thread they're talking about a southern chinese fist set called Choy Lee Fut,
also spelled Choy Li Fut, Choy Lay Fut, and in Mandarin it's Cai Li Fo.

Latest Discussions