Cindy Sheehan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mike,
I am shocked that you actually listen to that conservative talk show crap (LOL). That really suprises me that you listen to Laura.

However I did happen to catch Bill Mar that particular night because my wife had control of the remote.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with her on everything but I think she is dead on, on this topic.

V/R

Rick

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rick,

It's a toss up between her and Sean Hannity as to who drives me away quicker. There are some conservatives for whom I have a great deal of respect.

However, that is the exact argument Ms. Ingraham was making last night;

Ms. Sheehan said "I'm glad the President didn't meet with me."

Well, I certainly am glad the President missed the boat. He has turned a relatively small, inconvenient issue into a major issue. And it leaves conservatives of principle kicking and screaming in a most undignified way; ad hominem attacks.

So, anyhow ... I can usually last through about 7 or 8 minutes of Ms. Ingraham. I wish her health, a happy marriage, and lousy ratings.

Mike

OP
Sapper6

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sheehan: Get troops out of 'occupied New Orleans'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46368

"George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power," she said. "The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they don't fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest.

pure ignorance.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
Sheehan: Get troops out of 'occupied New Orleans'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46368

pure ignorance.
I say again "Cindy who?" She's a clown, why even give her the air time. She's turned the death of her son in to a half-baked political circus. She should be ashamed. I'm starting to wonder if the woman needs professional help. Wasn't her 15 minutes of fame up last month?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, let's review what is taking place today ...

United for Peace is holding a rally on the Washington DC Mall today. Estimates put the gathering at a substantially larger size than the America Supports You Freedom Walk of three weeks ago. (by the way .. the United for Peace walk route has been published beforehand, unlike the America Supports You Freedom Walk).

President Bush is going to make sure he "doesn't get in the way" of a) Hurricane Rita response and b) United for Peace by hiding in Cheyanne Mountain (aka Northcom).

The Pentagon is executing 'Granite Shadow', a nuclear counter proliferation exercise in Washington DC today - a 'Martial Law' exercise. Do you think this has any connection to the United for Peace rally?

http://www.unitedforpeace.org

Karl Rove is coordinating and leading the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts from a Fund Raiser in North Dakota.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Attachments

• $dccam14vd.jpg
    $dccam14vd.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 127
OP
Sapper6

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
well, it's the law. not too much to ask, and pretty damn inexpensive anyhow.

what are those freaks smiling and clapping for? arrested in the name rights and freedom i suppose.

:rolleyes:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Ms. Sheehan was arrested today.

Demonstrating without a Permit.

Who needs a stinkin' 1st Amendment anyhow ... Right ... Right?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9493139/
What amazes me about this post, is how selective we get about supporting only those laws we agree with. Im guilty of it too... dont get me wrong... but the requirement to have a permit for those types of rallys and stuff has been around quite a while, its not like this is somthing new for Sheehan. So basically, she broke the law, was arrested for breaking the law, but really it was just about shutting her up? I suppose its POSSIBLE... but we will never know, as she didnt bother to get the permit.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well ... is there a conflict between the First Amendment to the Constitution, and sitting in front of the White House ... individually, or with a group of, what was it ... 40?

(EDIT - actually, apparently there were 370 people in the protest group - it took 4 hours to arrest them all - I would have also participated in this protest and smiled as I was arrested too. - Please see my signature line)

Congress Shall Make No Law respecting ... the right of the people peaceably to assemble.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Congress Shall Make No Law respecting ... the right of the people peaceably to assemble.
The same can be said of my right to Bear arms, but I am not allowed to do so in illinois without the proper permits.

:eek:

So if I go grab a gun and sit out in the street somplace with it, will you come to my rescue when I am arrested for that too?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
The same can be said of my right to Bear arms, but I am not allowed to do so in illinois without the proper permits.

:eek:

So if I go grab a gun and sit out in the street somplace with it, will you come to my rescue when I am arrested for that too?
I believe the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution reads

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

So, if you are wearing the uniform of a Well Regulated Militia, and if you demonstrate how the Illinois permit 'infringes' on your right to sit in the street with your weapon ... You Betcha!

I'll get arrested for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions