Chuck Norris and TKD

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Standing leg is straight, for instance. I don't think they were very good kicks though...
Not it is not straight. It is in do a good sparring position. It is not overtly bent like some forms stances do for conditioning and other reasons.
Something a person of experience would know.

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not it is not straight. It is in do a good sparring position. It is not overtly bent like some forms stances do for conditioning and other reasons.
Something a person of experience would know.

This is coming from the guy who thinks a ball of the foot roundhouse is supposed to land in the center.... And penalizes me for landing at an angle, exactly the way you are supposed to...

I don't need experience to see what is straight as opposed to bent, and this is straight...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210927-151324.png
    Screenshot_20210927-151324.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is coming from the guy who thinks a ball of the foot roundhouse is supposed to land in the center.... And penalizes me for landing at an angle, exactly the way you are supposed to...

I don't need experience to see what is straight as opposed to bent, and this is straight...
As usual, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What was the federation? I have seen TKD dojos that look exactly like Shotokan. And Shotokan does not look like TSD even though it came from Shotokan
I have no idea about what federation. I don't do federations.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
look any different from the stance height in TaeKwonDo?.....

Earl, since you like to invoke stance modifications as your go-to-argument...
First and foremost I would not provide an opinion on TaeKwonDo stances since I am a Taekwon-Do student. Secondly it is a kicking video which may or may not be using traditional stances for whatever system it represents so it's worthless for judging what may or may not be a traditional stance for that system.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your inaccurate recaps are getting tiresome. I never claimed that Chuck Norris joined any TKD labelled school in Korea.
Post 126, you state Chuck Norris is not wrong to state he was a TKD product. If the reference was to his days in Korea, which the video reference was - yes, that would be wrong. Understandably when doing a brief interview for the masses one might tend to explain things in a rather loose fashion.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Earl, since you like to invoke stance modifications as your go-to-argument...
Wrong again. You asked about what defined a system. I gave an example of ONE element which was stances and specifying SOME technical parameters that could be specified. Other Elements could include Hand and Arm Techniques, foot and Leg Techniques, Philosophy, Patterns, Grappling Techniques etc. etc,. etc.

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wrong again. You asked about what defined a system. I gave an example of ONE element which was stances and specifying SOME technical parameters that could be specified. Other Elements could include Hand and Arm Techniques, foot and Leg Techniques, Philosophy, Patterns, Grappling Techniques etc. etc,. etc.

An ice skater from Canada might have completely different rituals than a Russian but once out on the ice, they are both ice skaters. And patterns is basically rituals...

Latest Discussions