Christmas... in October??

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, a local radio station started playing Christmas-themed music as part of their daily programming. This is a private station, run mainly through sponsorship and radio ads.

Am I the only one out there who thinks that it's absolutely ridiculous that there's Christmas music in the middle of October? Does anyone else agree with me that there are some people out there, pulling strings to get a jump start on the Hallmark Holiday that is the Christmas Season so they can buy early and perpetuate consumer culture?

I think that we're severely intertwining a religious holiday with our economic goals as a society. There's no gray area anymore, and I think that's very dangerous, and very wrong.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Store around here already have the decoration up. Man it is a bummer to me. We even have some houses in the nieghborhood decorating this early.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am I the only one out there who thinks that it's absolutely ridiculous that there's Christmas music in the middle of October? Does anyone else agree with me that there are some people out there, pulling strings to get a jump start on the Hallmark Holiday that is the Christmas Season so they can buy early and perpetuate consumer culture?

No, you're not the only one. You took the words right out of my mouth, it is ridiculous.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seems silly and early to me, but not dangerous at all. In the grand scheme of things that is small stuff to not be sweated.

OP
N

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I think that more and more, America is relying on the economic boost that Christmas consumerism provides. That's a wobbly leg of the table IMHO.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
(sings horribly off key-- on purpose) I want Mooonnnnny (thats, what I want) Gimme Money! (what I want) Mony mony (what I want) mooonnnnnnaaay... (what I want) that's what I want... I want some moooonnnnnnaaayyy, thats what I want...

What it's all about man! :idunno:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen them putting up displays as early as July. Just another cash cow nowadays.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's disgusting. We haven't yet even had Halloween, much less Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff is showing up. Once I was going to play with a store by asking where the Valentine's Day stuff was - - - only to find it already there well before Christmas.

I tell my family that life is not simply a 100 yard dash to the cemetery. " I'm dead first - - - and in record time! I didn't stop to enjoy anything along the way - so I win!!!"

This frantic and greedy path isn't the way to live. We do no Thanksgiving decorating before Halloween is done, and no Christmas activities before Thanksgiving. Let's take life slowly and enjoy each season. The real best presents, in any season, are tranquility and family love.

tahuti

Orange Belt
Reaction score
merrythanksgivoweenuy9.jpg

Can somebody find me author of this image?
URL%5D

Latest Discussions