Christians told to have more hot sex ...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of hot Christian love.The San Diego Church of Christ is Beam’s sponsoring group today, but as far as he is concerned it could be any conservative Christian denomination. The message would be the same: Married Christians ought to be having more — and hotter — sex.

You could be forgiven for thinking “conservative Christian” and “hot sex” are oxymoronic. The missionary position has a real history, after all. But Beam is part of a burgeoning trend among evangelicals to bring sex out of the shadows, educate believers and relieve their guilt.
"For years, Christian publishing would not publish on sex," says Michael Sytsma, a Christian sex therapist with the Sexual Wholeness Ministry based in Duluth, Ga. "If they did, it was so heavily edited nothing of value was left. Now, more and more pastors are preaching about it on Sunday, though you still do not see classes in seminaries. We are seeking to do that."

Full Article

Hea-vens a-bove ... what's next? Acceptance of homosexuality?? Are they daft??

I'm curious how this may or may not play into the GOP standards and positions in domestic politics and mind control.

Comments?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw that this morning on the Today show... I don't think they've ever had the word "masturbation" used that many times in one segment.

It was an interesting concept.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yumm....... :D

As an aside, I've had neighbors through the years that praised God quite enthusiastically on numerous occasions.

Good stuff!!!!!

Fu Bag

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Full Article

I'm curious how this may or may not play into the GOP standards and positions in domestic politics and mind control.

Comments?

Whats wrong with sex? I think where most christians would differ (at least I would hope) with most of society is in the context of sex (ie when it is appropriate).

Acceptance of homosexuality? Irrelevant within the context. What I do find odd is discussing things in the "church" that I'd find mildly offenensive in ANY context. I'm personally not comfortable talking about some things in any context, including how my sex life should be handled. Thats between me and my wife. If I want advice in that area, I can seek it. Perhaps thats just me...

Mind control? LOL. Whatever :) GOP != Christian.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, is there really anything in the bible saying sex is bad? I always wondered about that. Adultery is bad. Even having thoughts about your neighbor's wife is bad. But is there anything in the bible that says that a man and a wife should not have a heck of a good time between the sheets as often as possible?

And just how the heck did the opinion that sex is bad become part of a lot of christian thinking?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And just how the heck did the opinion that sex is bad become part of a lot of christian thinking?

Jealousy over other people having fun?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That’s it… The end is neigh!!!!!
The 4 horseman of the apocalypse riding through the sky.. Cats and dogs mating in the street AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! :tantrum: :anic: :erg:

Hey wait a minute!!!!!! :uhoh:

You mean Christians weren’t having sex before????? :confused:

Then where did they all come from????? :confused:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After just listening to a serman on the radio, the other day, explaining than even birth control pills are murder, I find this to be an about face.
Sean

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The 4 horseman of the apocalypse riding through the sky.. Cats and dogs mating in the street AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! :tantrum: :anic: :erg:

Xue, Christians having sex for the purpose of having kids is fine.

But to, heaven forbid, enjoy the erotic arts within the constraints of marriage for a reason that does not necessarily reproduction....that's the scandal ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue, Christians having sex for the purpose of having kids is fine.

But to, heaven forbid, enjoy the erotic arts within the constraints of marriage for a reason that does not necessarily reproduction....that's the scandal ;)

Oh.... Well then... Now it makes perfect sense....

The end is neigh!!!!!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh.... Well then... Now it makes perfect sense....

The end is neigh!!!!!

Xue, you are a riot!

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

You seriously don't know? Back before the bible was a literal book, early christians knew the stories were alegories and that in fact, the tree of knowledge and forbiden fruit were carnal relations. In short, Eve commited the first sin by getting Adam to boink her. It's only a few modern Christians who think a woman would be daft enough to disobey a God for an apple...

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Full Article

Comments?

Ok so I take a couple weeks off, and I come back to this as the first post I read.

You just GOTTA know I'm supressing some comments! :uhyeah:

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You seriously don't know? Back before the bible was a literal book, early christians knew the stories were alegories and that in fact, the tree of knowledge and forbiden fruit were carnal relations. In short, Eve commited the first sin by getting Adam to boink her. It's only a few modern Christians who think a woman would be daft enough to disobey a God for an apple...

So based on that, God does in fact dislike boinking. Adam and Eve boinked and God kicked 'em out of the garden.. Anyhow, why did he give them those parts if he didn't want boinking to happen?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, is there really anything in the bible saying sex is bad? I always wondered about that. Adultery is bad. Even having thoughts about your neighbor's wife is bad. But is there anything in the bible that says that a man and a wife should not have a heck of a good time between the sheets as often as possible?

Actually, none of the sins mentioned above is taboo in Country Music and many Country Music fans claim to be God-Fearing Christians. :)

Weird........

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score

ROFL!!!!! You're a trip, man!!

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So based on that, God does in fact dislike boinking. Adam and Eve boinked and God kicked 'em out of the garden.. Anyhow, why did he give them those parts if he didn't want boinking to happen?

I think that is the 20,000 dollar question. I have my theories, but I am not a religious scholar (the boinking situation was explained to me by a religious scholar). Maybe God didn't want more than two? Who knows - it's just an allegory... ;) Perhaps it was made up by some guy who though it might help him keep control of his flock and avoid potentially damaging behavior in a newly formed society...

Or maybe God is a sadist

EDIT: God just made me a martial talk Black Belt...

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a Christian. I have six kids. We didn't try to have size kids, it sorta happened...and not for lack of using birth control, etc...

Work the math on the odds :) ..and a good time was had by all...

I think the idea that Christians think a husband and wife shouldn't enjoy sex is a Victorian era idea that proper women were not supposed to enjoy sex. I haven't met any Christians wh oactually believe this.

tradrocket, read the Song Of Solomon. Some say it's to be taken at face value, some say as a metapor; but for a metephor it uses some awfully descriptive language in favor of enjoying sex, which would be an odd thing to write down if God was against...*boinking"*

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score

Augustine of Hippo had an awful lot to do with that. His Confessions became a major influence in Christian thought and they endure as major works respected in the majority of Christian sects.

Of course, Jewish reaction to Roman sexuality had alot to do with it as well. The Christian tradition carried alot of the Jewish objections to Roman sexuality right into law as they gained political clout.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, is there really anything in the bible saying sex is bad?

Pretty much, yeah, but it's all in the New Testament.

In the canonical gospels, "Jesus" advises his followers to be celibate in both mind and body. If they cannot manage to be celibate in mind, they are told to marry a woman rather than have "impure thoughts" about her (in the text, thinking about sex and having sex are considered synonymous). That way, they are no longer commiting "adultery" (defined as thinking about or having sex with a woman you are not married to).

This is fundamental Christian doctrine during the medieval period and is the reason why priests and monks are required to be celibate.

It is a common thread among patriarchal social systems to deny sensuality and sexuality. It's not that surprising, given Christianity's historical and cultural context.

Laterz.