Chicago Kung Fu Instruction near the Loop

schookp

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello

I want to learn Kung fu. I live in Chicago and I am limited by time and the CTA (graduate student). If anyone has a lead on a reputable instructor willing to take a student and who teaches ~20-30 min away from the Loop/Streeterville please let me know.

Thanks- I spent ~5 hours today doing some research but my experience is that my more impressive instructors are rarely in the phone book or have web pages.

Thanks
P.

Last edited:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to weed out the good ones. I'll ask around and let you know if I get any good leads. I don't know of anything off the top of my head. Is there any particular style you're interested in?

rogerclf1

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't know how far chinatown is from the loop, but there is a Choy lay fut school there. The school is called Ng family martial arts and is taught by Sifu Sam Ng. It is a fantastic school with great instruction. Definitely check it out. The website is ngfamilymartialarts.com.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know how far chinatown is from the loop, but there is a Choy lay fut school there. The school is called Ng family martial arts and is taught by Sifu Sam Ng. It is a fantastic school with great instruction. Definitely check it out. The website is ngfamilymartialarts.com.

Sam Ng would be a great choice is the logistics worked out.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sam Ng would be a great choice is the logistics worked out.

Ah! I forgot about that! Sean was so kind as to recommend it to me when I was returning to the area, I investigated it and found it to be an excellent recommendation. Alas, too far from where I moved in suburbs.

rogerclf1

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah Sean recommended him to me also and I have been there for about 3 years now, off and on due to some health problems. But definitely great training!

rogerclf1

White Belt
Reaction score
schoolkp- If you are that limited on time, the ng family is open on sat and sunday too and you can get in a few hours each day if that is an option for you. but they do have class during the week too.

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello

I want to learn Kung fu. I live in Chicago and I am limited by time and the CTA (graduate student). If anyone has a lead on a reputable instructor willing to take a student and who teaches ~20-30 min away from the Loop/Streeterville please let me know.

Thanks- I spent ~5 hours today doing some research but my experience is that my more impressive instructors are rarely in the phone book or have web pages.

Thanks
P.

Tsai's International Kung Fu is a very good school. Grandmaster Tsai's son runs the school. GM Tsai is now in China I believe and left the school in Chicago for his son to run. Call them. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Latest Discussions