Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
An interesting thing to note about chánsīgōng and the current (or at least 2) of the 19th generation Chen family that are out there teaching

Chen Xiaowang seems to do Wuji, Zhan Zhuang, Wuji, Seal, Transfer Qi and then Seal again before he does chánsīgōng

Chen Zhenglei taught me

Warm-up, chánsīgōng, and then the qigong bits ending with wuji and Zhan Zhuang.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I learned the this along with a varation with one of the feet ahead at about 45 giving a more push forward and a more roation backwards if that makes any sense.

My teacher studies with Chen Xiaowang so I am not entirely sure about the varation just something else we do. I like watching cute girls to Taiji much better than old sweaty men hahaha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28SZ9kka8Wo&feature=related
Look at her power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUE_WghENQ0&feature=related

Are these the warm-ups you were doing with Chen Zhenglei?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKCpjwQmmU&feature=related

At the 24 second mark I really like this warm up. I was taught this from a 20th generation holder in Chen Taijiquan. I was told to be careful when doing it because if you do it wrong you can really hurt the knees.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I learned the this along with a varation with one of the feet ahead at about 45 giving a more push forward and a more roation backwards if that makes any sense.

My teacher studies with Chen Xiaowang so I am not entirely sure about the varation just something else we do. I like watching cute girls to Taiji much better than old sweaty men hahaha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28SZ9kka8Wo&feature=related
Look at her power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUE_WghENQ0&feature=related

Are these the warm-ups you were doing with Chen Zhenglei?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKCpjwQmmU&feature=related

At the 24 second mark I really like this warm up. I was taught this from a 20th generation holder in Chen Taijiquan. I was told to be careful when doing it because if you do it wrong you can really hurt the knees.

It sounds the same actually, I do not think the actual silk reeling is all that differnt between them it is just where they put Zhan Zhuang and other Qigong bits that appears to be different

And that would be the end of CZL’s warm up, which he does for just about everything from what I can tell :D

This is more of what he did I could not view the video at work but I beleive it is his warm up in which is the beginnng and then is Qigong bits which is actually after the silk reeling.

I never meant Chen Huixian but Chen Juan was at the Silk reeling class I had with CZL :)

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It sounds the same actually, I do not think the actual silk reeling is all that differnt between them it is just where they put Zhan Zhuang and other Qigong bits that appears to be different

And that would be the end of CZL’s warm up, which he does for just about everything from what I can tell :D

This is more of what he did I could not view the video at work but I beleive it is his warm up in which is the beginnng and then is Qigong bits which is actually after the silk reeling.

I never meant Chen Huixian but Chen Juan was at the Silk reeling class I had with CZL :)
From what I think the video was showing
The first one with the hands from 0:00-0:20 I learned in Jujutsu now when I do it I hear pop sounds but its a great stretch.
0:20-0:59 it looks like he is gathering Qi to Dan tian
0:59-1:59 looks like opening up the back,shoulders and lungs since he is pressing on LU-1 point I have seen versions with hands on shoulders nice varation.
2:06-2:26 looks like opening up the chest again.
2:26-2:51 opening up the spine and waist.
2:51-4:10 beating exercise hitting Acupoints I find this to be a common practice not only in Martial art and Qigong but I think a very common practice among Chinese elderly when they are working out this is just my experience and observation I could be wrong on this.
4:10-5:06 rotations. But since the hands are on the kidneys I think he is trying to work the kidney areas the most and maybe the Dai Mai channel(girdle,belt channel)
5:06-5:30 his hands are still on the kidneys it looks like he is working the legs which are the kidney channel.
5:30-6:30 working the knees which have a realtionship with the kidneys.
6:30-7:00 loosing up the toes and legs.
7:00-7:30 loosing up the legs again
7:30-finish:gathering qi bringing up to Bai hui and then down to Dan tian
This is just what I think based on the movements. Maybe he was just dancing.:uhyeah:

I am so jealous Chen Juan is cute :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
7:00-7:30 loosing up the legs again
7:30-finish:gathering qi bringing up to Bai hui and then down to Dan tian

At 7:30 is where the Silk reeling begins and after Silk Reeling he goes to gathering qi and what you see there is not all he does as far as the end bits go

And after all that.... Wuji and Zhan Zhuang.

And did I tell you that in the opening part of Laojia yilu (sorry I can’t remember the posture name at the moment (it might be jing gong pounds mortar) with that foot stomp... CZL can crush a stone :xtrmshock .

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
At 7:30 is where the Silk reeling begins and after Silk Reeling he goes to gathering qi and what you see there is not all he does as far as the end bits go

And after all that.... Wuji and Zhan Zhuang.

And did I tell you that in the opening part of Laojia yilu (sorry I can’t remember the posture name at the moment (it might be jing gong pounds mortar) with that foot stomp... CZL can crush a stone :xtrmshock .

What do you mean he crushes a stone?:uhyeah:
Is this like the story with Mickey mouse where he shows his might by crushing a thing of cheese to fool the Giant into thinking its a stone:uhyeah:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What do you mean he crushes a stone?:uhyeah:

river-stone.jpg

CZL Stomp

Stone%20Dust.jpg

:D :D :D

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,

"This is more of what he did I could not view the video at work but I beleive it is his warm up............. "

These are also exactly the warm ups that my teacher Coach Christopher Pei of the US Wushu Academy uses when teaching Traditional Yang Family Taijiquan. As Chen Zhen Lei also teaches (Chen style) at the US Wushu Academy, this is hardly surprising.

They are excellent Qigong and I use them all the time whilst teaching.

Very best wishes

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is that blood on the stones did he make the stones bleed :bangahead:
It goes to show you can squeeze blood from a stone.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,

"This is more of what he did I could not view the video at work but I beleive it is his warm up............. "

These are also exactly the warm ups that my teacher Coach Christopher Pei of the US Wushu Academy uses when teaching Traditional Yang Family Taijiquan. As Chen Zhen Lei also teaches (Chen style) at the US Wushu Academy, this is hardly surprising.

They are excellent Qigong and I use them all the time whilst teaching.

Very best wishes

Yes, up to the kicking to relax the body is his warm-up. Then there is a bit of inward out ward silk reeling, the hand bit and then would be the actual silk reeling which is not in the video. The video then cuts to the stuff he did after silk reeling.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I Just noticed something today as I went out for a walk to get away from the office for a few minutes; My legs feel great.

My foot doesn’t hurt my knee is feeling good and the only thing I have done differently of late was Chen Style Chánsīgōng. I have been training it regularly for about 2 weeks now and my legs and knees feel mighty good.

Latest Discussions