"Carryable" Daggers

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm looking for a double-edged knife knife that is compact enough for everyday carry that comes with with a good sheath for that. Where I live, it's perfectly legal btw.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't realize CS was making those. Not a bad looking little knife. Good price too.

Thanks!

Jeff

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
is there a federal law or just state laws on carrying a double edged knife

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here in Indiana, you can pretty much carry anything.

It can't be a "switchblade" or "shoot" the blade.

There aren't even any restrictions on blade length at the state level, though some municipalities have restrictions on that. But not where I'm at.

Jeff

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
is there a federal law or just state laws on carrying a double edged knife

State or municipal laws address this, there is no federal ordinance. In Wyoming, double edged is legal and there is no length restriction, I just can't carry it concealed.Lamont

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score

There are a lot of great double edge knives out there, but I would like to throw in an endorsement for the Camillus Boot knife that kenpotex has for sale.

I already have one and I am really happy with it, otherwise I would have bought it myself. For $25 plus shipping you've got nothing to lose, and it's the best deal right now for a decent double edge boot knife.

Plus, I will say as I bought that Ti-lite from Matt (which I am very happy with, btw :) ) that he'll ship it to you right away and that it'll be in great condition.

So, that is my recommendation. :ultracool

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll be someplace where I'll be able to handle that same boot knife. I'll be making my decision then about it.

Jeff

Shovel Hook

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have always liked the look of the SOG Pentagon, and the one edge plain, other serrated, for versatility in everyday tasks. It was designed from the start for low profile carry; like a modern day Sgian Dubh. Not sure about the lack of hilt. Great for carry, but even with the texturing looks like it could cut you if sticking something hard enough.
My favorite dagger is the CS Tai Pan. These two would make a great pair.

Latest Discussions