Cancelling Zones

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
I was wearing gear but it still left a bruise on his leg and he limped for a couple of days after that, we had a good laugh about it yesterday tho because he had a couple of other bruises on his chest from the infamous TOE KICK I've got. I've conditioned my toes enough to be able to kick with just the big toe. I actually dropped a guy to his knees after he caught one in the right pectoral. I thought I killed him from the expression he made LOL. He told me it was like getting hit in the chest with a round nose ball peen hammer.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Noted...for the time(s) when I spar Clyde!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can attack balance or posture. That is a given; so, tell me why worry about which zone a move may or may not have an efect on when your results will be the same reguardless?
Life is too short.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
so, tell me why worry about which zone a move may or may not have an efect on when your results will be the same reguardless?

Because it's part of the art that I study. I don't want shortcuts,
I want to learn the full art that my teacher and my
teacher's teacher have laid out for me.

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kirk
Because it's part of the art that I study. I don't want shortcuts,
I want to learn the full art that my teacher and my
teacher's teacher have laid out for me.

The student knows HOW....The Teacher knows WHY! :asian:

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
You can attack balance or posture. That is a given; so, tell me why worry about which zone a move may or may not have an efect on when your results will be the same reguardless?
Life is too short.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you? I noticed you didn't give a response to the gaseous expansion question on the technical forum, why is that?

Clyde

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You really have no idea what you're talking about do you? I noticed you didn't give a response to the gaseous expansion question on the technical forum, why is that?

Clyde

Amen to cluelessness!
I think that Touch'O'Death has demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of what we are talking about.
He may or may not know something else, but he does not know what is going on here. :eek:

And I thought I explained it pretty clearly earlier, but no one has commented so maybe I'm the same boat at Touch'O'Death? :confused:

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by cdhall
Amen to cluelessness!
I think that Touch'O'Death has demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of what we are talking about.
He may or may not know something else, but he does not know what is going on here. :eek:

And I thought I explained it pretty clearly earlier, but no one has commented so maybe I'm the same boat at Touch'O'Death? :confused:

Hey Doug, from the info I gleaned in our conversation on the phone you know exactly what we're talking about. Stay the course bro'.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

OP
J

jeffkyle

Hey Doug, from the info I gleaned in our conversation on the phone you know exactly what we're talking about. Stay the course bro'.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Phone....Clyde you know how to use the phone? Is just for incoming calls? Or do you know how to call people back too? :D Just messin wit ya! :D:D:D

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did not reply to Gaseous Expansion cuz it would have been the "Book Definition", it sorta takes the fun, and wind out of the topic. I would like to pursue it maybe in the context of techniques, or sparring, after we get a good defintion.

Could "Dead Space" have a need to be filled?

OP
K

Kenpo Yahoo

Checking zones is but a small aspect of the art, yet a good understanding of this will afford the praticioner a decent amount of power and strategy should they ever need to use the ART.

It reminds me of that old Bruce Lee story where he is describing the learning process in the MA. He said (paraphrase of course):

When you begin in the MA, a punch is just a punch. Then after a couple of classes you realize that a punch is not just a punch, but complex mechanics, manuevers, principles and physics. Then after a few years of learning the complexities, you realize again, that a punch is just a punch.

There are various aspects of the our art that when learned will require a fair amount of thought and practice. It may take several years to do so, but these aspects should become second nature and be performed without a seconds thought. The ideas should be so ingrained that they simply emerge at the necessary moment.

Just my thoughts.

Latest Discussions