Canada Winter Games ~ Air Rifle Competition

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:wavey:

Hey all! Just got back from the Canada Winter Games in Whitehorse and let me tell you it was AWESOME! What a great bunch of people, beautiful little town nestled amongst the mountains, great place except for one thing...IT WAS FRICKIN' COLD!!!!! The weather was very unusual for them. All winter it was in the 20's and 30's but when I get there it drops to the -20's with a wind chill like I have never felt, and I live in WINTERPEG! OMG, there were times I though I would never get warm again. But enough about the weather....:D

Our youngest daughter competed in the Air Rifle competititon (shot indoors, thank goodness). Her first competion was the team event and her team was placed 5th overall. Her and her team mate were sorely disappointed because this was the event that their sisters had won their silver medal.

Next was the individual event. Connor (my daughter) scored a personal best of 379/400 placing her again in fifth place going into finals.

After finals, Connor made up 3 points and took the bronze medal!

:partyon: :partyon:

It was so exciting because after 9 shots she was tied for third and it took her last shot to clinch her position in 3rd place!

The place errupted when she won! Word had been sent around that she may take the medal and other athletes rushed down to the venue to cheer her on. It was frickin' awesome!

There is still a smile on our faces and I think a permanent one on hers. She was unbelieveably steady during finals and absolutely amazed me!

Here she is, she is the one on the right!

Attachments

• $awards.jpg
    $awards.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 129
:highfive: Congratulations!!!! :highfive:

And in addition - to have such a supportive group for your daughter to compete with - what a great experience for you all!

Congrats!!!!:supcool: :supcool: :partyon: :partyon:

Lisa I'm happy for Connor and for you the woman behind the scene making sure her dreams are kept alive.

Way to go connor
icon14.gif

:highfive: Congratulations!!!! :highfive:

Tell "Dead-eye" Conner we're all proud of her... and please give her a big old bear-hug... and a hardy high-five from her "uncle" Andrew...

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

Way to go Connor!!!

Give her a big hug, from all of us here at MT!

Proud mama you are! Rockin' chick she is! Love her we do!

LISA'S BABY ROCKS!!!
:partyon::partyon:
:shooter::highfive::cheers::highfive::ak47:
:partyon::partyon:

:highfive: Congratulations!!!! Outstanding!!!! :highfive:

:wavey:

Hey all! Just got back from the Canada Winter Games in Whitehorse and let me tell you it was AWESOME! What a great bunch of people, beautiful little town nestled amongst the mountains, great place except for one thing...IT WAS FRICKIN' COLD!!!!! The weather was very unusual for them. All winter it was in the 20's and 30's but when I get there it drops to the -20's with a wind chill like I have never felt, and I live in WINTERPEG! OMG, there were times I though I would never get warm again. But enough about the weather....:D

Our youngest daughter competed in the Air Rifle competititon (shot indoors, thank goodness). Her first competion was the team event and her team was placed 5th overall. Her and her team mate were sorely disappointed because this was the event that their sisters had won their silver medal.

Next was the individual event. Connor (my daughter) scored a personal best of 379/400 placing her again in fifth place going into finals.

After finals, Connor made up 3 points and took the bronze medal!

:partyon: :partyon:

It was so exciting because after 9 shots she was tied for third and it took her last shot to clinch her position in 3rd place!

The place errupted when she won! Word had been sent around that she may take the medal and other athletes rushed down to the venue to cheer her on. It was frickin' awesome!

There is still a smile on our faces and I think a permanent one on hers. She was unbelieveably steady during finals and absolutely amazed me!

Here she is, she is the one on the right!

WooHoo! That is awesome news! You must be so proud. Heck, I'M proud!

Way to go Conner!!!

:partyon::partyon::partyon::partyon:

Latest Discussions

Back