Canada may outlaw martial arts

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Banning Martial Arts, there's a thought. Maybe we should do that across the globe, it would end most of the senseless murders. Wait a minute, that's guns nevermind.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kenpojujitsu3 said:
Maybe we should do that across the globe, it would end most of the senseless murders. Wait a minute, that's guns nevermind.
Guns don't kill people. Peopl kill people.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
it may or it may not we can not know untill after all is saide and done. i'm sure that the british rolayty was saying the same thing about the colonies in 1774. you know 'ohh they'll never revolt they love us to much, well guess what, you were wrong. we should be prepared and if canada outlaws our art then i think we should be prepared for it happening else were, like new york and califorian states, after all they already decided that nunchakus are a weapon that no one should have. and the was because of a two minute figth sence in a bruce lee movie. and if does happen, just to piss off the canadian goverment, i'm going to move to canada and teach martial arts and disguese it as dance!!!!!! or maybe i'll take the simple solution and protest out side the house of parlament. you know get a few thousand martial rts doing forms out side of the house of paralment can be a very sacry prospect to those chicken Edited to conform to MT's Profanity filter ****** brained s.o.b.s and a bunch of other words i shouldn't say.say does anyone know if i can protest this load of politlcal bull **** even though i live in the u.s.a. and am not a canading resident.

sweet Brighit bless your blade, and awaken canadas goverment

john

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once again, this is a OLD LAW, written before anything but boxing and wreslting was getting practiced, so the language of it is based on that fact.

Nothing to get worked up about, just someone trying to get publicity by twisting the facts to get a reaction.

Ignore it and carry on, martial arts are not getting banned.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
searcher said:
Guns don't kill people. Peopl kill people.
People with guns kill people.

Butt seriously, ...silly Canadians. Blue laws are in every country that has written law more than a year old. Unless there has been a rash of martial arts murders in grade schools, hospitals and churches, it'll never happen. Even then, there would be a hard case to make. Even after Columbine and the Oklahoma bombings, we can still buy guns and fertilizer.

Unpopularly,

Dave

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
::slaps forhead::

Those Canadians are at it again...

No but seriously this law is Unconstatutional...no worries it will be overturned

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sin said:
::slaps forhead::

Those Canadians are at it again...

No but seriously this law is Unconstatutional...no worries it will be overturned
it's unconstatutional????? you are aware that we are talking about canada right????? canada didn't actully have a bill of rights as far as the law was concered until 50 years ago. do you really think that canada cares that (i think, so don't quote me on this) 1/3 of the worlds population does some form of martial arts???? i doubt it. besides even if some one gets ticked off and does what i would love to (which is too inappratie to write, so use your imaination), do you really think anyone would be able to do anything, you probly be locked up in a gulag (yes i know that is russian, i'm using it for effect) for the rest of your life. besides you shouldn'tbe that arogent, it can happen and if we are this stuped, guess what. IT WILL!!!!!

sweet Bright bless your blade, and wake up those canadian fools

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, lets try this once again.

This is an OLD law, no one is trying to get anything passed. This was probably passed over 100 years ago. Nothing new is going on.

What it says is that prize fights are illegal. They are, always have been. With the exception of ones that are sanctioned by the athletic board, same as always.

Amateur fights are ok, providing gloves of at least a certain weight are worn, but not prize fights, those have to be sanctioned.

Same happens in MMA, unless a athletic board ok's it, you can't have a MMA fight.

Sparring in a club is not a prize fight. It is not even a fight. The language the law is written in only uses boxing, because there was nothing else at the time it was written.

Anyone that is even vaguely familliar with Canadian boxing regulations has known this for years.

The only thing amazing here is how worked up people get over nothing when they don't even bother to do a minimal amount of research. There is nothing here that will effect Canadian martial arts in any way. This is the way it has always been, and someone interpreting it in a goofy way to draw publicity to themselves as our righteous saviour is notgoing to change anything.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So when do they start closing down dojos? ;)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like the moon landing, Canadian Dojo's are just a big conspiracy. The law was always there, so if that is what it means that is PROOF that we never actually had any Dojo's.

Haha, we got you good on that one :p

andy

Green Belt
Reaction score
(I can see it now)
Cop; you there hey were you just twirling a stick?

Little kid(slowly backs up) um stick? what stick, oh you mean this old thingy? I was just pruning the trees honest it's a chore!!

cop( slaps cuffs on ) yeah right your comin downtown for intent to learn:idunno:

andy

Green Belt
Reaction score
seriously though, I do understand the concern some may have when one considers how political correctness can damage a society. All the media would need to do is start showing school beatings and various injuries in martial arts and the touchy feely crowd will come out like ants on honey. Not that it would have any great effect though. It obviously didn't work in japan.

A

ave_turuta

Andrew Green said:
Like the moon landing, Canadian Dojo's are just a big conspiracy. The law was always there, so if that is what it means that is PROOF that we never actually had any Dojo's.

Haha, we got you good on that one :p
Yeap, cos you know you all evil Canadians with your close-down-the-dojos policies and your non-profit, free-for-all healthcare system are a bunch of communists.
rolleyes.gif

Peace,
AT
smile.gif

p.s. does that mean they will close down the McDojos too? Well, since you are in Canada, what do you have instead of McDojos?

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions