Acts in martial art competitions..

UqaabKamikaze

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well martial art competition itself is a challenge but then there is a thing, I was watching a dance competition based reality show in which they performed an act giving perception of antigravity like walking on walls an ceiling actually the whole room in they were dancing was rotating and after certain interval its walls would become its floor and video editing was to show that floor, wall and ceiling did not change their places. I saw man of taichi in which protagonist fights in flickering lights and in many martial art movies especially Jackie Chan. Wondering how thrilling that would if real martial art competitions were to apply such concepts. I know it is difficult to win a fight in martial art competitions and martial artist don't need such tricks but spectators would surely be thrilled.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well martial art competition itself is a challenge but then there is a thing, I was watching a dance competition based reality show in which they performed an act giving perception of antigravity like walking on walls an ceiling actually the whole room in they were dancing was rotating and after certain interval its walls would become its floor and video editing was to show that floor, wall and ceiling did not change their places. I saw man of taichi in which protagonist fights in flickering lights and in many martial art movies especially Jackie Chan. Wondering how thrilling that would if real martial art competitions were to apply such concepts. I know it is difficult to win a fight in martial art competitions and martial artist don't need such tricks but spectators would surely be thrilled.

Honestly I don't think they would. People turn up to watch martial art competitions to see real fights and real martial arts. if they wanted to see cheap tricks they'd go to the movies and these days those theatrics aren't really as popular these days now that people with 0 training have more of an understanding about what real fights look like.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think they would. People turn up to watch martial art competitions to see real fights and real martial arts. if they wanted to see cheap tricks they'd go to the movies and these days those theatrics aren't really as popular these days now that people with 0 training have more of an understanding about what real fights look like.
Have you witnessed and of the extreme martial arts shows/competitions. Huge draw for such competitions with no fighting involved, more gymnastic/dance than Martial art.

D

Deleted member 34973

It would be cool...its a competition and never realistic. It would be entertaining to say the least.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you witnessed and of the extreme martial arts shows/competitions. Huge draw for such competitions with no fighting involved, more gymnastic/dance than Martial art.

I've never come across anything like that here, I suppose there may be but I don't move in circles that would appreciate such things. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmmm. I suppose it would be rather fun to see a couple of Martial Arts people go at it like this.
Especially some fancy kickers.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An example

The very first move annoyed me lol, why couldn't they be in a proper line and all move at the same time, it looked terrible! I didn't watch the rest must admit, really not my thing, I'm sure it's very good but it's not fighting and I love the fighting. :D

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the Flash Gordon arena, or nothing for me.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah sure but that's still real stuff maybe not martial arts but real athletic ability but using things like wire work or anti gravity illusions that's not any skill at least even in the very choreographed style stuff it's real ability

OP
UqaabKamikaze

UqaabKamikaze

Orange Belt
Reaction score
But if you hold a real competition in a rotating drum or bouncing surface.
I can imagine already tough competition made tougher.
It would spoil the real martial art taste I agree to that.[emoji89]