Buying a home.

Bob -- be careful with that digging. You've already got back issues, and that's going to put a hell of a lot of stress on your back.

Sadly, I know. Shoveling snow kicks my ***. Can't wait to see what 2-4 tons of gravel do to me. I've got a couple people to help out. I'd hire someone to do it, but its $400-600 this way, $2k that way. :(

Sadly, I know. Shoveling snow kicks my ***. Can't wait to see what 2-4 tons of gravel do to me. I've got a couple people to help out. I'd hire someone to do it, but its $400-600 this way, $2k that way. :(

Make sure you put that good import on ice! And have the BBQ ready!!!!
(and invest in good landscaper professional shovels and wheel barrel!)

And save up for one of them fancy snowplow things! I hear people raving about them, how they never go back to manual!
Plus you can score brownie points with the neighbors! :D

Not that I'd endorse supporting illegal aliens... but you just might find a few guys hanging around a 7-11 or Home Depot that may not be fluent in English, but are fluent in hard work, at considerably lower rates... if ya'know what I'm sayin'. ;)

Not that I'd endorse supporting illegal aliens... but you just might find a few guys hanging around a 7-11 or Home Depot that may not be fluent in English, but are fluent in hard work, at considerably lower rates... if ya'know what I'm sayin'. ;)
Kinda what I was thinking...

Or Craig's List. Couple of guys working with me at the hackerspace spend a lot of time on Craig's List looking for pickup work. They aren't illegals, just guys strapped for cash because their own businesses aren't doing well.

[/QUOTE]
Just don't tell billi!
:D
Tell 'em what? :angel:

Or Craig's List. Couple of guys working with me at the hackerspace spend a lot of time on Craig's List looking for pickup work. They aren't illegals, just guys strapped for cash because their own businesses aren't doing well.
True. It's not like you can hire a bunch of local teenagers to do it. I tell my kids I used to shovel driveways for a quarter and all I get is "Well, it's not our fault we're smarter than you were." :mst:

True. It's not like you can hire a bunch of local teenagers to do it. I tell my kids I used to shovel driveways for a quarter and all I get is "Well, it's not our fault we're smarter than you were." :mst:
Annoying when they have a point, isn't it? :lol: To be honest...I'm more concerned about the parents. Teens will just tell you to go pound sand. But when mommy or daddy is an attorney that doesn't want the little precious getting hurt.....ugh.....

The pitch I use with the niece and nephews is get yourself a darn good education so you can have someone else do it. Gotta live by example ;)

Attachments

• $5462953569_332d50b70d.jpg
    $5462953569_332d50b70d.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 126
For the snow, I'll have a blower. I'm actually back in not minding snow too much...the mild winter WNY's had I guess.

'Til ya get hold of some of that good wet stuff. plop plop plop

Back