Burglar loses fight with blind homeowner

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Jim Greenwood

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good for him.. glad he is OK. He probably should have been more careful... he knows now tho.. lesson learned.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is so excellent!!

Another one of those things that you can get away with in real life, but don't dare write into a work of fiction, lest people complain about how hokey it would be to make something utterly absurd like that a crucial plot element.... :lol:

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
My girlfriend is 100% blind, but it never stopped her from using a sword or from protecting herself. We have right now 3 swords and a ton of knives around home, all placed at more open areas for easy acces. There were examples when I was working and she sent away would-be robbers.
Both of us are veeery peaceful as long as an attacter doesn't give us justifiable reasons for some applied violence to avoid legal troubles. So far she only had to really use push daggers, cloak pins and the like (concealable stuff as a part of street wear) - when at home, most robbers change their minds when they realize that 80cm of sharp steel is exactly that... 80cm of sharp steel.
I'm glad that other blind people have the guts to care for themselfes. No one, or only a very few will do it instead of them, or instead of anyone.
And remember, "when you only have seconds, the police is only a minute away".
(I prefer to handle this kind of stuff myself, but I simply can't be always with her)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep hard to argue with success! calling the cops was a good thing .. and before he went out might have been a better idea, but once he had the blade in hand i guess the punk gave up.. If not I have a hunch he would have been sliced up .. any way he did what he know how to do once combat was joined.