Bujinkan and Genbukan

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note.

Please leave Arguments started on other boards on those boards, they are unwanted here.

-TECHNOPUNK
-MT Moderator-

OP
C

Chappers

All i can say is when i was in japan in sept i had tea with one of his shihan (not on my own), aparently they have spoke and there is no bitterness between them, no feud, no arguing, and that for me is good enough for me!!

George's view is from a genbukan speaking to a genbukan, mine is from one of Hatsumi's guys so undoubtably i am going to believe that source and not george's.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chappers said:
All i can say is when i was in japan in sept i had tea with one of his shihan (not on my own), aparently they have spoke and there is no bitterness between them, no feud, no arguing, and that for me is good enough for me!!

I am confused. At first you seem to be saying you had a source other than you when you said,

if i am told something that comes back from japan then i tend to believe that more than you,

Now you seem to be saying that it was you, and not someone back from Japan.

And we do not know who you talked to, or even who you are. And George Kohler has contridicted what you say when he said,

As I stated earlier, Tanemura Sensei has not seen or spoken to Hatsumi Sensei since he left the Bujinkan.

He is a known source and his word is good in my book. You, I don't know and see no reason to believe your word. So I believe Kohler when he says they have not met or spoken and not you when you say, "aparently they have spoke." You say that George is speaking from a Genbukan perspective as a means of dismissing what he said, yet your own source (again unnamed and unproven) is a Genbukan shihan. You take the one that suits your purposes, but reject the other.

Honestly, I see no reason to believe you or treat you as a respectable source.

OP
C

Chappers

Who said mine is a genbukan shihan, mines a Bujinkan shihan.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chappers said:
Who said mine is a genbukan shihan, mines a Bujinkan shihan.

Well you gave the impression that your source was a Genbukan shihan. And you have not named him. So I see no reason to believe that he exists. In most situations, people would be giving names of their sources, and you have not. Thus, I see no reason to give any credence at all to what you say. george Kohler is a known person that gives verifiable sources for much of what he says. You are an unknown who does not give any ay to verify what you say. He says something 180 degrees opposite from what you say, and I think I am not the only one who will trust his word more than yours.

Not to mention, that much of what he says is more in line with what I have heard hile here in Japan than what I hear from you.

OP
C

Chappers

No worries Don, as i said this is what i was told, i cant say i am wrong because this is what i was told so this is what i believe, but thanks anyway for your comments!! and sorry for giving the wrong impression, i am a bit of a nob when it comes to getting my words out!!

George Kohler

Green Belt
Reaction score
Chappers said:

You are right that there is no bitterness, no feuding and no arguing, at least not by Tanemura Sensei, but they have not spoken to each other.

Latest Discussions