Breaking Suggestions

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I have a group of 9th Gups that will be testing for there yellow belts in the next month or so. Upon completion of the grading I would like to have them preform a basic demo for their parents (at the rank presentation at the following class).

My intention is to have the newly promoted students do some basic step sparring, hyungs, releases, and the common breaks (basic kicks, forefist and knifehand).

What should I do. I am hoping to have the other students (primarily 4th Gups) demonstrate their level techniques and then follow them in demonstrating some basic "Black Belt" techniques. I do not want to appear flashy or show off, nor will my other students. I simply want to display the progress of technique throught the ranks.

Suggestions?

TAEKWON!
SpooKeY

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spookey,

For the 4th gueps, why not have them do something rank-specific in your curriculum (i.e. hyung/tul-Yul-Gok?, breaking could be double kick combination like a middle, then high side kick w/o lowering the leg, self-defense-perhaps against a club...)

For the black belts-again-suggest they do something rank-specific-Gwang-Gae for example, breaking could be jumping kick-flying twisting kick while holders stand on chair is pretty neat to watch, self-defense against a knife or multiple attackers....

Congratulations to your soon-to-be promoted students!

Miles

OP
S

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Miles,

This is what im thinking so far (tell me what you think).

Intermediate Students:

Pattern: Joong Gun
Sparring: One-Step and Continuous Non-Contact
Ho Sin Sul: Basic Sequence of Attacks (with some throws)
Breaking: Flying Side Kick (2 boards), Continuous Kick (Turning + Side w/ same leg)

Instructor Demo:

Pattern: Choong Moo (I believe it is failry appealing to the lay person)
Sparring: Continuous Non-Contact and 2 on 1 (wearing Hogu's and allowing throws and takedowns)
Breaking: Flying Twisting Kick-Overhead, Elbow Thrust (3 boards), Knifehand (1 red brick)

...What is your opinion on a flying multiple kick...maybe a bit much?

Taekwon!
SpooKeY

Latest Discussions