BrainPads

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was looking through a martial arts mag I have and found a page talking about a good mouth guard so I went on the webpage and it seems like a pretty good mouth guard but of course no advertisment is going to say anything bad about there product so I thought I'd ask about it on here. I was thinking more toward the LoPro Female guard.

Any thought, advice, etc?

http://www.brainpads.com/index.php/Information/Product-Information-2008.htm

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have never used either of those products but the one you linked to looks like a good one

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From my recollection, both Brainpad and ShockDr have good reputations.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never used BrainPads - I've been very happy with Shock Doctors, and haven't looked around since I've started using them - but they do look like a good product, based on the page. Other than that, I can't say anything about them either way.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll take a look at ShockDr even though I alreay ordered the brainpad. :uhyeah:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have to agree that ShockDr is a great product and one that I would recommend

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll take a look at ShockDr even though I alreay ordered the brainpad. :uhyeah:
Doesn't hurt to have a couple of mouth guards.....I always forget where I put mine, and it is one of the expensive ones from my dentist! Speaking of which, I should pick me up another one ;)

With regards to the Brainpad, although I have not worn one, for me personally, I'm not sure about having my mouth feel like it is still open when wearing the guard. I wore a double mouth guard back in the day and did not like it at all because of that reason.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to have a couple of mouth guards.....I always forget where I put mine, and it is one of the expensive ones from my dentist! Speaking of which, I should pick me up another one ;)

With regards to the Brainpad, although I have not worn one, for me personally, I'm not sure about having my mouth feel like it is still open when wearing the guard. I wore a double mouth guard back in the day and did not like it at all because of that reason.
The only mouth guard I've ever had (and still have) is the guard for the upper teeth. I've never had one for both so I don't know how it would feel for better or worse. But since it's already ordered I guess I won't know till I try it.:uhyeah: Thanks for the 2 cents.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
i have not used that guard... but I would say if you are doing hard contact to full contact sparring,or cage fights or what have you that one is a very very very good idea. I would actually suggest you check with your dentist or oral surgeon as to what type and such are best.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
i have not used that guard... but I would say if you are doing hard contact to full contact sparring,or cage fights or what have you that one is a very very very good idea. I would actually suggest you check with your dentist or oral surgeon as to what type and such are best.
The next time I see my dentist I'll try and remember to ask. Thanks!

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The only mouth guard I've ever had (and still have) is the guard for the upper teeth. I've never had one for both so I don't know how it would feel for better or worse. But since it's already ordered I guess I won't know till I try it.:uhyeah: Thanks for the 2 cents.
Will be expecting a full report now ;)

Latest Discussions