boxing legality

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The nearest thing I can think of is if someone local is notorious for fighting. It was not an official list but LEO all knew of certain people that could and liked to fight (and usually drink). If we got a call and dispatch was able, the first name of the person would go out with the call. More cars would roll if possible.

Quite often there would be only two people on the road on Sundays. It was not uncommon for Saturday' nights escapades to flow over into Sunday morning. I had calls where a name went with the call. Your whole train of thinking changes when you know there is no backup.

D

Deleted member 39746

And from what evidence do you arrive at this surety?

On a probability scale given there are 100and some odd countries out there, some of which are dictatorships, some of which have banned the practice or restrict it, so surely at least probability speaking one could have some form of list to put practitioners on even if it is a banned list. (actually i think most that did, yielded it was more useful to keep the practice going just force change what is taught)

Plus i swear some people have legit tried to get practitioners registered on a list. not entirely sure if that was a joke or not. So if you apply those people in a position of power where they can do that with little impediment.

Hell many people laugh at body Armour being banned/restricted in some countries, still is in them.

Gaucho

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I had to get a Concealed Carry permit so that I could wear mitts in winter.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had to get a Concealed Carry permit so that I could wear mitts in winter.
That’s not concealed. That’s the equivalent of carrying a knife in a sheath on your belt or carrying a pistol in a holster on your belt. Concealed would be in your pockets or pulling your sleeves over your hands :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That’s not concealed. That’s the equivalent of carrying a knife in a sheath on your belt or carrying a pistol in a holster on your belt. Concealed would be in your pockets or pulling your sleeves over your hands :D
Just get a really big overcoat and hide your hands in there

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
From my understanding, the myth about "registering your hands" started after WW2, where many people did register with the police in general for location purposes and missing people. So, if a GI would have asked about finding the local karate guy, he would have been registered with the police. I have NOT been able to track down the accuracy of this, but it seems to make sense where the myth started.

In Michigan, MA training CAN be used against you in enhanced penalties/charges. I personally, saw a domestic violence case that the male punched and broke the jaw of the female and his training was brought into it as a competitive kickboxer.

Also, some states have statues on the book about "kicking with a shod foot".

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From my understanding, the myth about "registering your hands" started after WW2, where many people did register with the police in general for location purposes and missing people. So, if a GI would have asked about finding the local karate guy, he would have been registered with the police. I have NOT been able to track down the accuracy of this, but it seems to make sense where the myth started.

In Michigan, MA training CAN be used against you in enhanced penalties/charges. I personally, saw a domestic violence case that the male punched and broke the jaw of the female and his training was brought into it as a competitive kickboxer.

Also, some states have statues on the book about "kicking with a shod foot".
I think it can be used against you most places if your judged in the wrong, as you likely to be if you break the jaw of your spouse, the issue I don't understand is how they would know, unless yourfamous or you tell them or your known tothe victim, or of course if your wearing your outfit

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it can be used against you most places if your judged in the wrong, as you likely to be if you break the jaw of your spouse, the issue I don't understand is how they would know, unless yourfamous or you tell them or your known tothe victim, or of course if your wearing your outfit

I agree. Most often, I think it is the guy who always goes around bragging and getting into fights that it becomes more known. But, as you stated it is only used against you in unlawful uses of force. If what you do is reasonable in protecting yourself than it doesn't matter your training level.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In some circles, registering your hands is called being fingerprinted. ;)

I believe it's best in life to never register your hands.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always stop and put my training gear on (especially the big skirt!) before a fight. I mean, that's what I train in, so gotta wear it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Facebook.

D

Deleted member 39746

I always stop and put my training gear on (especially the big skirt!) before a fight. I mean, that's what I train in, so gotta wear it.

Lesson of today: Always wear a cup, always have a gum shield on you and always wear body armour.

oh and always keep your .44 Magnum S&W handy with at least two reloads on your person. :p

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or dojo/gym website, some Youtube video. Yeah, lots of ways these days.
I make a point if not having myself identifiable in any of those mediums, because of the potential trouble it can cause you, personally or professionally, even if it's just old " friends "you don't want to see, tracking you down. I've run in to conflict with people who post pictures and vids containing me on their sites/ channel, . they may want the world to know how they spent their Saturday night, but I dont

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make a point if not having myself identifiable in any of those mediums, because of the potential trouble it can cause you, personally or professionally, even if it's just old " friends "you don't want to see, tracking you down. I've run in to conflict with people who post pictures and vids containing me on their sites/ channel, . they may want the world to know how they spent their Saturday night, but I dont
I have nobody I worry about seeing that kind of thing. All of my old friends are just that - no arch nemeses lurking about (@elder999 - is that you back in the corner?).

But that's a good point. I could see folks with a mixed past, LEO, and others having a reason not to want their activities to be trackable. For most of us, it's just not that much of a concern.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hace the vuew that you lost touch with people for a good reason, ussually either you or they couldnt be bothered to keep in touch , that and I hate the company of " old" people , which is what all my old friends now are , they just want to moan about the world and relive the past, . I'm not making it easier for them to find me and make me depressed .

Lots and lots of people have come to regret posts they made years ago, it's common for employers to reaseach your social media, and make hard out if context judgement on you , and it's not hard to do a reverse image search, I read that America visa people wanted social media details so they could assessment you as a threat to the state, or at least undesirable , .
My ex used to plaster me all over her face book page, , which is one of the reasons she is an ex it's a vacuas medium I want no part of..though my dog .has his own face book page, which lets me use to argue with people about Brexit, lets see them track me through that

Last edited: