Body Measurements

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern mate. I must say that I have done a fair few blood tests and it all seems to be OK.I think I have my diet all figured out now:

1) 4 Eggs a day - Around 22 grams of Protein
2) 1L of Milk - 35 Grams of Protein
3) 100 grams of Hemp Seeds - 30 Grams of Protein

So totally - 87 grams of COMPLETE protein.

Combine this with 2 cups of red rice and lentils per day and soon some Temeph, I think there is easily 100 grams of Protein there per day.

I did some calorie calculation and came to the following conclusion:

Eggs – Rich in Protein but quite high in fat as well. Moderate in carbs. [4 Eggs is 256 Calories]

Milk – Mainly rich in carbohydrates and protein but much milder in fat. [1L of Milk is 660 Calories]

Banana – Seem low in protein but very high in carbohydrates [4 Banana is 400 Calories]

Oats – Quite high in carbohydrates [200 Grams of Oats is 778 Calories]

So totally: 2094 calories. With hemp seeds, red rice and lentils and Tempeh I think this is getting close to 3000 calories per day.

I think you need to eat some vegetables, man.

Also eating too much lentils may make you gassy. I'm also vegetarian, and I can only eat beans or lentils 3-4 times per week before I get uncomfortable. I also usually eat about 6-9 eggs per week, tofu or tempeh a few meals a week, cheese a few meals per week, fruit smoothies with whey protein powder, some peanut butter, and sometimes quinoa. I also eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and whole grains. However, I'm not a bodybuilder.

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
You have to eat a lot more than that. And you will need beef, oats, nuts, some type of high carb supplement like Redcon1 MRE

2000 is a good start.
Your list of food is probably just about 500 calories and that is really not enough to gain muscle.

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think you need to eat some vegetables, man.

Also eating too much lentils may make you gassy. I'm also vegetarian, and I can only eat beans or lentils 3-4 times per week before I get uncomfortable. I also usually eat about 6-9 eggs per week, tofu or tempeh a few meals a week, cheese a few meals per week, fruit smoothies with whey protein powder, some peanut butter, and sometimes quinoa. I also eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and whole grains. However, I'm not a bodybuilder.
I dont now, nor have I ever eaten vegetables. Animal protein and fats are the the best way to gain lean body mass.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I dont now, nor have I ever eaten vegetables. Animal protein and fats are the the best way to gain lean body mass.

Dude. You need some fiber in your diet. Vegetables are an essential source of fiber, vitamins/minerals, micronutrients, and they give you a healthy gut biome.

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dude. You need some fiber in your diet. Vegetables are an essential source of fiber, vitamins/minerals, micronutrients, and they give you a healthy gut biome.
And yet I'm 48 years old healthy, spartan athlete. So not every one can live on vegetables.
Grains, seeds, nuts, and animal fat and protein is very important for putting on muscle.

Latest Discussions