Bob central dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
"It doesn't matter what size the bag is" Right.
A 50 lb bag holds more sand than a 40 lb bag If you want to know how many bags, you need to know how much sand is in each bag.
If you don't understand this, then I can't help you.

Go buy 4 begs. I assume a beg holds the same amount as a bag so start there. If it's not enough, go buy more. If it's too much, sprinkle the left over around the garden. It'll help with the drainage.

Also, the Home Depot by me sells 40, 50 and bulk sand. So the size does matter.
Just take the empty base with you and tell the guy at the counter "Fill er up!"

No no how many bags of wet sand (50lb) will it take to fill my bob up to the point he wont move around? I wanna buy wet sand but before then I wanna know how many 50lb bags of wet sand should I buy in order to fill central bob up?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you actually buy wet sand?

OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
Tez3 said:
Can you actually buy wet sand?

Did you really just asked me that? Im here to ask questions not answer dumn questions so kick rocks.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep this thread polite, coherent, and on-topic.

Thank you.

-Ronald Shin
-MT Administrator

Last edited:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No no how many bags of wet sand (50lb) will it take to fill my bob up to the point he wont move around? I wanna buy wet sand but before then I wanna know how many 50lb bags of wet sand should I buy in order to fill central bob up?

I told you the answer. So have a few other people.

You want this many:
764661156505lg.jpg
764661156505lg.jpg
764661156505lg.jpg
764661156505lg.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually it's a serious question, can you buy wet sand? Wouldn't you buy it dry and be expected to add your own water?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually it's a serious question, can you buy wet sand? Wouldn't you buy it dry and be expected to add your own water?
Depending on where you buy it, it'll be wet. Big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes leave their sand outside year round, usually exposed. So it'll often be damp when you buy it. Given it's intended use in building or gardening it's not usually important. Play sand is usually cleaned up, and dry for health reasons, but seems to cost a bit more. Of course, wet sand weighs more than dry sand, so the real question is, was the bag labelled based on wet or dry weight as the actual physical amount of sand will vary somewhat. That's also why the size of the grains matters. Hence my listing important variants to allow people to determine a more accurate measure.

Of course, I also failed to take settling and compaction into consideration, which will over time cause a variance in fullness. :D

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Depending on where you buy it, it'll be wet. Big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes leave their sand outside year round, usually exposed. So it'll often be damp when you buy it. Given it's intended use in building or gardening it's not usually important. Play sand is usually cleaned up, and dry for health reasons, but seems to cost a bit more. Of course, wet sand weighs more than dry sand, so the real question is, was the bag labelled based on wet or dry weight as the actual physical amount of sand will vary somewhat. That's also why the size of the grains matters. Hence my listing important variants to allow people to determine a more accurate measure.

Of course, I also failed to take settling and compaction into consideration, which will over time cause a variance in fullness. :D
I honestly did not ever think I would find sand so interesting! :) Jx

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly did not ever think I would find sand so interesting! :) Jx

It's true isn't it. I don't do building stuff and I filled my punch bag base with water which works perfectly well. I just can't imagine why you'd want to pay for wet sand which surely must be more expensive than dry sand if sold by weight!

OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
Wet sand or free flowing sand is better then dry sand cus once its time to dump the sand in the stand central bob comes with i wanna be able to por in the sand as easy as pie

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dry sand flows better than wet sand.

OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
Dry sand dus not flow better nor dust it stick better nor wieghts more so like i said kick boulders i got my answer thank you very much

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dry sand dus not flow better nor dust it stick better nor wieghts more so like i said kick boulders i got my answer thank you very much

There's an idea. Kick boulders. If you do it right, the boulders will become rocks. Then gravel. Then sand.
Then you can put the sand in the base of the bob central dummy.

OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
I want free flowing sand not dry sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions